Was my ebay account hijacked? Or just a glitch? (long)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Yesterday I checked my email and I got one of those notices that my ebay account was compromised. I figured it was a phishing scheme. I logged into ebay from a different window and my password doesn't work! I went through the whole "I forgot my password" process and thank goodness my old email was still linked to my ebay. I changed the password. I changed my email password. Luckily no bids or sales were made. The person updated the account with their name and address as primary contact but left my address for shipping :confused1: I was not able to update the primary contact because ebay said my account was locked because I obtained a "verified seller" icon within the last 30 days. What's that? There's also a 5.00 balance due because the other person had a seller verification done.

I have contacted ebay but I was wondering is there anything else I should do? Could this be a glitch? Should I call the person who is using my screen name? Why would a hijacker leave my email and shipping address the same? This is too weird. Sorry for the long story but I'm not sure if I should be worried. I appreciate any ideas!

2. This is scary! I hope eBay will provide you with some answers (but I really doubt it). I wouldn't try contacting the other person!! It sounds like they were getting ready to use your eBay account for selling. I WOULD fight the $5 charge seeing as you didn't authorize that. Good luck!! :flowers:

3. Thanks! I called the number and it was not in service (of course). I'm just glad the person didn't change the email contact or I would have never known. I can't figure out how anyone could get my password!

4. definately contact abay immediately. I got one of those wierd emails about my account. I, stupidly, clicked onthe link and entered my password. It took me to a weird part of ebay next and I had a funny feeling about it. Isent a messsage to ebay and within 24 hrs they locked my account and sent me a new way to open my account. I changed my password and fortunately, protected my account again. They did end up finding that my account had been accessed by someone who was not authorized to.