Was Just Offered!!

poohbearpooh

May 24, 2006
A 35CM DARK BROWN BOX LEATHER BIRKIN W/ PH!!

TOLD MY SA "NO" CAUSE OF BOX LEATHER AND THE SIZE..WANTED A 30CM..BUT LEATHER WAS WHY I DECIDED TO TURN IT DOWN. IT GETS SCRATCH EASILY, RIGHT LADIES?

SHOULD I GET IT??????:rolleyes:

box is lovely and gets a good patina( ijust don´t like it with birkins but that is just me ) so if you love it go for it
but do you think it is still there? i mean you said no and it is unlikely that such a baby sits on the shelf for just a minute :hrmm:

hermesgroupie said:
I'm rough with my bags but love box enough to get it. With time, the scratches blend in with the patina. And don't forget there's always refurbishing.

humm....is 35 much bigger than a 30..not really...gonna see if i can find some pics to compare... Thanks, hermesG!...maybe I should put a hold on it!

OMG!!!! HOW EXCITING:yahoo:

I LOOOOOVE box leather. I have seen box Hermes bags that are very old and look stunning. It's true that they look better with time and use.

did you see it?

If you have your heart set on 30cm then maybe you want to wait.....that is a tough call.

Box leather is lovely, soft to the touch and yes, it does tend to scratch BUT that's also the beauty of it! It gets more yummy as time goes on and it can easily be refurbished by Hermes to look just like new when need be. 35cm makes a wonderful statement and you'll be able to fit everything in it but the kitchen sink.

What leather were you waiting for if not Box? Because if the color is right and you can be just as happy with the 35 as with the 30 (and if this is the Birkin you might just WANT a 35 anyway) you should go for it.

OMG....call that SA back RIGHT NOW and put that baby on hold!!!! It won't be there in the next 5 minutes if you don't.

Personally, I love Box. My Bolide is in box and I can't wait for that thing to arrive!!!!!

poohbearpooh said:
humm....is 35 much bigger than a 30..not really...gonna see if i can find some pics to compare... Thanks, hermesG!...maybe I should put a hold on it!
Not trying to be a smart alec, but take a tape measure and see. Dimensions are wxhxd=35x25x18. I love the 35cm. The 30cm is just too small for me, because I love my totes.

Another thing, of all the leathers box, I believe, if taken care of, can last the longest. I've seen bags made of box that are 60 years old. I have one that is 50 years old.

shopmom411 said:
OMG....call that SA back RIGHT NOW and put that baby on hold!!!! It won't be there in the next 5 minutes if you don't.

Personally, I love Box. My Bolide is in box and I can't wait for that thing to arrive!!!!!

ehhhhhhh IT'S ON HOLD!! MY SA IS ALSO LOOKING INTO A KELLY FOR ME ALSO...SHE GONNA CALL ME BACK!!! OMG...COULD I BE MAKING TWO PURCASHES IN ONE DAY!!!:sick:

Amen Shopmom!

I agree...box is so yummy! And brown with palladium....that sounds GORGEOUS! :love: :heart:

I have both a 35 and 30. I am 5'3....and love my 35 but wear it more in the winter when my clothes are bulkier. For some reason in the summer, I tend to wear my 30 more. But even though I am short...I think both sizes look good. I feel for me my 35 is more tote like and my 30 is more like a handbag. I used to wear my 35 all the time and when I got my 30 I had a hard time getting used to it because it felt so small.

How tall are you?

I have to say that I'm more and more in love with the box leather, I have a birkin gold/togo/30, if I get another one I'd want it in chocolate brown box with cyclemen pipings :smile: the sheen is so beautiful