Was it inappropriate to ask this question?

I don't think you were out of line to ask. If I was wondering I would've asked too. She was pushing it by being a little too snooty. No harm in asking about your possessions:smile:

Ditto! I only have a few Coach items so I've never actually brought things in for repair. Are repairs free? From what I've read thus far, correct me if I'm wrong, if they cannot fix it, they might not give you your bag back and give you a sort of store credit and a discount coupon? Thanks!

That was very rude of her. Did you get her name? I would call and speak to a manager and explain the situation. It wasnt like you were EXPECTING both back, you were just asking. I also think its rude they just assume you would rather have a voucher instead of your bag back. If they arent going to give you both, you should atleast get a call asking which you would rather have.

That was very rude of her. Did you get her name? I would call and speak to a manager and explain the situation. It wasnt like you were EXPECTING both back, you were just asking. I also think its rude they just assume you would rather have a voucher instead of your bag back. If they arent going to give you both, you should atleast get a call asking which you would rather have.

I have her name, and she was not very nice about that either. She told me her name is Ahh-may (this is how I heard it), so I asked if it's spelled A-M-A-Y, and she said (with a little attitude), not it's A-I-M-E-E. I had a friend with the name Aimee, and she pronounced it like Amy. And to melikemochi, repairs are free, but I had to pay $20 for the shipping/insurance. Thanks for everyone's support, I'll update when I get the voucher.

Update: I got a letter today stating that I got full value for the bag, but they will hold my item for 30 days if I decide I would rather have it back instead of the credit.

I wish I could use the credit in the store, but I have to order through an 1-800 number.

The repair I had originally wanted done was on the edge of the lining, which is suede. Some of the suede had worn off. The letter I got recommends that I get a different material for my next bag, huh :confused1:

I am a bit late in replying this thread

I agree with those who said she was rude

But

If you are getting credit you shouldn't ask for the bag as well. That's a bit greedy. There is nothing wrong with getting your bag back instead of voucher but to get both, I am guessing that's the impression aimee got, is a bit too much.

Coach's repair policy is great. Try that at gucci and its only for hardware, not lining, and only up to two years coverage. Plus coach is obviously cheaper then gucci.

To the op who said coach makes a lot of profit they certainly wouldn't if they handed back the bag and credit or letter of discount! When they take in a bag that's damaged and give credit or replace it and what not-that eats at the profits too as sarah explained in another thread-managers often have to destroy those bags.

As I said before, I understand if Coach can't do both, my question was whether it was THAT inappropriate for me to ask. Bad attitudes tend to feed off of each other. The call started out poorly when she told me Coach tossed my bag without even asking me. She said the voucher is already on its way, and if I want, she can try and find the bag. I didn't realize the voucher was for the full value, and from my perspective, since Coach already committed to giving me the voucher and threw away or planning to throw away the bag, it isn't eating at any profits to give it back to me.

I was already annoyed, so I just asked figuring what's the harm in a question. And as several posters pointed out, they have gotten their original items and partial voucher/credits back before, so it's not unusual to get both.

Anyway, the end of this story is that the SA was mistaken and didn't realize that I still have 30 days to decide whether I want the voucher, or get my bag back. So if the call had started with that explanation, we wouldn't have three pages of discussion. I guess I still have to decide what I want to do. There is nothing I absolutely have to have at Coach right now, and I really did love that bag.

As I said before, I understand if Coach can't do both, my question was whether it was THAT inappropriate for me to ask. Bad attitudes tend to feed off of each other. The call started out poorly when she told me Coach tossed my bag without even asking me. She said the voucher is already on its way, and if I want, she can try and find the bag. I didn't realize the voucher was for the full value, and from my perspective, since Coach already committed to giving me the voucher and threw away or planning to throw away the bag, it isn't eating at any profits to give it back to me.

I was already annoyed, so I just asked figuring what's the harm in a question. And as several posters pointed out, they have gotten their original items and partial voucher/credits back before, so it's not unusual to get both.

Anyway, the end of this story is that the SA was mistaken and didn't realize that I still have 30 days to decide whether I want the voucher, or get my bag back. So if the call had started with that explanation, we wouldn't have three pages of discussion. I guess I still have to decide what I want to do. There is nothing I absolutely have to have at Coach right now, and I really did love that bag.
I'm sorry you didn't get good service. Did you ask if your bag was still available? Even if its a few years old it might be.

Hope it all works out.

I'm sorry you didn't get good service. Did you ask if your bag was still available? Even if its a few years old it might be.

Hope it all works out.

The style is available. See picture below, but mine was hot pink :P, that's why I loved it. When I call the 1-800 number, maybe I'll ask if they can locate another one. Thanks for the support Court!

Attachments

• 10602_SVPE-1_d2.jpg
    10602_SVPE-1_d2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 19
The style is available. See picture below, but mine was hot pink :P, that's why I loved it. When I call the 1-800 number, maybe I'll ask if they can locate another one. Thanks for the support Court!
do you know the style number of your bag? it should be on the paperwork they sent you. call em and see if they have it and just order the exact same bag