Was it inappropriate to ask this question?

Can someone explain the vouchers? I have a Coach that needs repair, but I don't know if it can be fixed. What's the deal with repairs?

When my husband's wallet could not be repaired Coach sent me a letter that is good for 40% off my next full priced purchase. (Good for one item).

I have also had them send me a letter that is good for the complete value of the bag I sent in for repair. To be used on my next full priced purchase. I think they only do this if your bag is pretty new.

I don't think your question was inappropriate at all. I think Coach should have asked you what you wanted to do. I think the CS rep could have handled your question with a bit more polish!

My SA who is also a very good friend of mine warned me about this. She said sometimes for the older purses that they will just send the letter and she has gotten complaints from customers about not being able to get their purse back. I was always reluctant to send the purse I bought in Oct 05 for repairs because of that and decided I like my worn down still usable (very used in spots) purse more than 40% off a new one.

I guess they can have whatever policy they want, but I think offering the bag back at least would be standard, it is your bag, your decision. BTW she was snooty and rude, you don't speak to a customer like that. What would be the harm in saying "I am so sorry, that isn't Coach's policy but I can see if I could get your bag back if that is what you would prefer." Now isn't that the way you are supposed to speak to a customer?

wow! I really hope they dont' do that with my pink metallic gallery tote if they can't fix it. I will crY!!! If they can't fix it, I want it back, coupon voucher or not

I'm so sorry she was rude to you, that wasn't right, I hope you get good compensation

I would think that you should get a choice as well. You were soooooo not being inappropriate to ask the question. Don't take it personally, she/he was probably having a bad day or something :shrugs: