Was I out of line?

You did stoop to her level...which is exactly what I would have done too and I am way older than you. :P I had a similar incident where a woman of maybe 40 was carrying a Dooney bumble bee purse said to her friend where I could hear her "that bag is so last season". I was carrying a $2000 Louis Vuitton. I informed her that it might be last season but it probably costs more than she made last season. Immature? Why yes. But I got a good laugh at the look on her face. :rolleyes:

Good one, Cindi!

It was a bit catty, but it seems like she was asking for it. She probably does this to other people. She needed to be knocked down a peg. Now maybe she'll think twice about what she's been doing.

I think in this situation, if I was the OP, I would have ignored her. Sometimes things like that don't need a response, because they are ridiculous.

And to reiterate, who cares what brand you love - STYLE IS A PERSONAL CHOICE. We're all here because we love bags, the brand-bashing just has to stop! How else are 91,000+ members going to get along?

I'm speaking just for myself here, but I'm sure a lot of us feel this way, that it's not the brand that's being bashed, but the snotty people who carry it. And I can't deny that certain kinds of catty women commonly carry certain brands. The kind of women who would look down on others for what they carry, and yet don't realize that what they themselves are carrying isn't all that. There are neighborhoods where one brand is revered as being "it" and anyone who's not carrying "it" aren't "in". Know what I mean?

Obviously, no one is bashing the well-informed women (and men) of this forum!

ETA: SadGiraffe - totally understand where you're coming from!

Just to keep this on-topic: sometimes you just SNAP and gotta say something. Catty and childish? Yes. Out of line? Nah.

^I'll agree that attitudes can be a problem, but no one likes reading a thread on TPF where people mention that a certain brand is "so retro" or "out". How do you think that makes the people who really do like that brand feel?

Not saying that you personally are saying such things, but I've read them. On this thread, no less.

I don't think so.
I do HATE the 'Coach' girl. I think everyone knows one; the girl who only carries Coach everything and usually buys it at the outlet store, than carries it like it's from this season.
Coach is cute, but I refuse to carry my tote, just because of the 'attitude' that goes with it. =) haha.

I don't think so.
I do HATE the 'Coach' girl. I think everyone knows one; the girl who only carries Coach everything and usually buys it at the outlet store, than carries it like it's from this season.
Coach is cute, but I refuse to carry my tote, just because of the 'attitude' that goes with it. =) haha.
Are you saying that you have an attitude when you carry a Coach bag? If so, you can change your attitude. Are you saying that others have an attitude towards you when you carry Coach? Why do you care? I would say that the majority of people do not care what king of bag you carry and the few that do...well, they shouldn't dictate what bags you decide to carry.