Was anyone at the KY Derby?

India

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
I live in Louisville but don't go to the Derby. But I DO look at the thousands of pictures of Derby guests on the newspaper's web site.

I don't believe I saw a single Hermes bag photographed! Was anyone there? Did you carry Hermes? Sid you see any? This is an expensive event and one would think a luxury brand like Hermes would be well-represented. My daughter was at The Oaks on Fri in a corporate box and she said she didn't see any Hermes.

India,

I knew there was a reason I liked you so much! I grew up in Louisville! I don't live there now, but if I were heading to the Derby, I'd definitely be toting my Trim and bangles.

I didn't spy any H on the TV broadcast, but I've seen the occasional scarf in past years. Honestly, though, when I watch the Derby, I'm all about the horses (and jockeys :graucho:), so there might be a parade of Birkins and I might not notice it right away :biggrin:

I watched it all day. Didn't notice Hermes at all. But go ANIMAL KINGDOM...he was terrific...it seems he galloped twice and jumped a furlong...what a horse...hoping for a Triple Crown. Saw lots of crazy hats!

From what I hear the Kentucky set may not be into Hermes. But the stars/socialites should be...

Francesca, you are correct - I've only ever seen ONE Hermes bag in Louisville - even wealthy Louisville women do not spend that kind of money on a bag - Coach and Burberry are considered VERY high-end.

But there are SO many celebrities and people from out-of-town who attend the Oaks and the Derby. I would have thought that with Hermes history of equestrian equipment, that one would have seen lots of Hermes there. Perhaps those who were carrying Hermes just weren't dressed up enough and didn't have on big enough hats to be photographed!!!

Oh India, if I had of attended I would have worn Hermes. Maybe one day, sigh.

I have been to Royal Ascot, Chantilly, France, Dubai World Cup, Hong Kong International races and all of the major race meets in Australia!!

But that is my businesss and I love it!

I was at the track on the Thursday before Derby and I wore my Cheval Turc PM. I haven't been to the Derby in about 2 years due to being rather pregnant last year and having my bebe to watch this year. Next year, though! (*fingers crossed*)

I live part time in downtown Louisville and I was at the Derby! I carried my etoupe 32cm HAC and it was the only Hermes that I saw and we were on Club Level. I was very surprised that I didn't see others as the Derby draws world wide attendence and there was some major profiling around the concourse. Lots of fun!