was almost scammed for hermes bag!!!!!

anmldr1

O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
i had a malachite hermes Evelyn bag for sale on eBay...i received a message that the bag was sold for full asking price...the person sent their cell number and asked for more pics in the message they sent. It all felt fishy from the beginning, but they kept in touch as far as the pics went and i received a payment conformation email from what seemed like eBay...it looked like the other emails i had received in the past. The shady thing was that they had california address on the eBay account, but wanted the bag to be shipped to Tennessee...they were also very demanding about wanting the bag to be overnighted because it was a bday present and wanted sat delivery...turns out they never paid! the email that was sent was a total fraud!! just want sellers to watch out for this!! crazy! glad i never shipped the bag...the person keeps texting me...not sure if i should let them know that i'm onto their scam?

Reactions: SherwoodMom
i had a malachite hermes Evelyn bag for sale on eBay...i received a message that the bag was sold for full asking price...the person sent their cell number and asked for more pics in the message they sent. It all felt fishy from the beginning, but they kept in touch as far as the pics went and i received a payment conformation email from what seemed like eBay...it looked like the other emails i had received in the past. The shady thing was that they had california address on the eBay account, but wanted the bag to be shipped to Tennessee...they were also very demanding about wanting the bag to be overnighted because it was a bday present and wanted sat delivery...turns out they never paid! the email that was sent was a total fraud!! just want sellers to watch out for this!! crazy! glad i never shipped the bag...the person keeps texting me...not sure if i should let them know that i'm onto their scam?
Wow, you need to report them to eBay -ASAP. I always check that the money is in my Paypal account before I send anything

Reactions: pale_septembre
It's a common scam. I'm glad you caught on before being ripped off.

Did your ebay account even show the sale? Or was the "sold" email spam too? Usually those scammers send an email that looks like it came from paypal (as opposed to ebay) but it's really a fake header.
ETA: Never mind. I saw that the sale WAS made through ebay. And actually, that's a good thing. In addition to reporting, call ebay have them read the "buyer's" message. Be sure to BBL that buyer before relisting.

Always check your ebay and paypal messages to see if the messages and/or payments are there.

What is the buyer's ID (for blocking purposes)? Be sure to report them to ebay.

Last edited:
Reactions: carlpsmom
It's a common scam. I'm glad you caught on before being ripped off.

Did your ebay account even show the sale? Or was the "sold" email spam too? Usually those scammers send an email that looks like it came from paypal (as opposed to ebay) but it's really a fake header.
ETA: Never mind. I saw that the sale WAS made through ebay. And actually, that's a good thing. In addition to reporting, call ebay have them read the "buyer's" message. Be sure to BBL that buyer before relisting.

Always check your ebay and paypal messages to see if the messages and/or payments are there.

What is the buyer's ID (for blocking purposes)? Be sure to report them to ebay.

I filed a report online with eBay. What is BBL? I've only sold a few bags on eBay...I'm so happy I caught this as being shady! It's crazy how real the email they sent was!

And don't be surprised if the "buyer" opens an Item Not Received case in the near future demanding a full refund. This should not happen but does. If they do, be sure to call Ebay immediately so they can close it before "buyer" escalates.

Their address? Was it anything similar to this one? There is a whole Thread about this scammer AKA: Steven Johnson! They pose as a woman? Was it a New Member on eBay?

114 Community Park Rd, Ste C Ste B4010-
Seymour, TN, 37865-6122

Link: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/beware-of-neverfull-fakes-flooding-ebay.923467/page-16

Or HERE ?

ETA: I don't think I am breaking any rules (Name & Address?) as there is a whole Thread about this Scammer! :hrmm:

I am just happy that you never shipped the item!

Their address? Was it anything similar to this one? There is a whole Thread about this scammer AKA: Steven Johnson! They pose as a woman? Was it a New Member on eBay?

114 Community Park Rd, Ste C Ste B4010-
Seymour, TN, 37865-6122

Link: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/beware-of-neverfull-fakes-flooding-ebay.923467/page-16

Or HERE ?

ETA: I don't think I am breaking any rules (Name & Address?) as there is a whole Thread about this Scammer! :hrmm:

I am just happy that you never shipped the item!

The person's address through eBay was Los Angeles, California, but through PayPal it was Athens, Tennessee. The person's screen name was juditeddie. I'm so happy I didn't sen the bag!!! It all seemed so fishy from the beginning. The person had no selling or buying history either.

The person's address through eBay was Los Angeles, California, but through PayPal it was Athens, Tennessee. The person's screen name was juditeddie. I'm so happy I didn't sen the bag!!! It all seemed so fishy from the beginning. The person had no selling or buying history either.

Yikes! :eek: You really did dodge a bullet! Well Done OP! :heart:

ARe you sure that's the buyer's ebay ID? It's not coming up.

That said, the person appears to be from Palmdale, CA, originally from Budapest, Hungary. (I'm not sure whether Palmdale might be a suburb of LA.)

ETA: The husband (or maybe it IS the husband who's the buyer) is a wannabe actor in LA.

That said, the person appears to be from Palmdale, CA, originally from Budapest, Hungary. (I'm not sure whether Palmdale might be a suburb of LA.)

ETA: The husband (or maybe it IS the husband who's the buyer) is a wannabe actor in LA.
Palmdale is nowhere near LA (other than being in SoCal) It is high desert closer to Edwards AFB where the space shuttle used to land

Last edited:

Yes. Definitely their id. I reported them. Maybe they realized that I know it's a scam.