Warranty claim

DanielaKB

Sep 4, 2016
My experience with a warranty claim...WOW..is all I can say.
I sent my Cement Kirby in for warranty repair because the silver hardware started turning reddish and looked like cheap jewelry would.
Well, a week after they received my bag (per tracking number) I still had no response. I called customer service and was told that it couldn't be repaired and I would get to pick a new bag from a list they would provide me. (Up to $350)

I was told the list just came out THAT very day. The next day I placed my order with them for the purse I picked from their list. I was told it would be about 2-3 weeks to get my replacement.
After 2.5 weeks I still hadn't received anything, not even a tracking number so I called again to confirm that the bag I placed the order for was available and getting ready to sent out to me. I was told yes, they will update me with a tracking number soon.

5 days after that I get an email saying that the bag I ordered is not available. They provided me yet with another list to choose from.
I had my eye on the Mercer Dome Satchel but wanted to figure out what the color "bright blue" would look like as that was the only color available per list and the photo they had for it was electric blue which was NOT available. So I searched the web and MK website, couldn't find anything in bright blue. I never heard of that color either.

So I called MKcustomer service again to hope they could give me more information, gave him the style number and what he needed and he told me "i don't have that bag in the list. You must have a wrong list."

I told him that I received this list TODAY..

He ended up sending me the list he was looking at which was the "old" list I was sent over 3 weeks ago.

I'm at a loss here. I don't understand how this can be so complicated.

So I still don't have a replacement and everyone gives me a different answer, which of course all are contradictory.

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this.:sad: I have no idea what to tell you as I have not had an experience like it. I would call CS again & speak to a supervisor. I would not take no for an answer & would take notes, writing down the names of everyone you speak to & what they tell you. I hope this is resolved to YOUR satisfaction. Unfortunately, MK does not have the best customer service for online sales & sometimes, in the boutiques.:facepalm:

Reactions: reginaPhalange
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this.:sad: I have no idea what to tell you as I have not had an experience like it. I would call CS again & speak to a supervisor. I would not take no for an answer & would take notes, writing down the names of everyone you speak to & what they tell you. I hope this is resolved to YOUR satisfaction. Unfortunately, MK does not have the best customer service for online sales & sometimes, in the boutiques.:facepalm:
I called again but it just keeps getting better and better....
I requested to speak to a supervisor who had a hard time understanding the mess that has been going on. Kept putting me on hold and then I was suddenly prompted to the survey that would usually play at the end of the call. The supervisor NEVER called back even though he obviously knew the call got dropped and the issue wasn't resolved.
So here I am on the phone again trying to get someone to help me out....so far unsuccessful.
This is not the first time that I had a negative experience with CS regarding a warranty case but this one is certainly the worst.

I called again but it just keeps getting better and better....
I requested to speak to a supervisor who had a hard time understanding the mess that has been going on. Kept putting me on hold and then I was suddenly prompted to the survey that would usually play at the end of the call. The supervisor NEVER called back even though he obviously knew the call got dropped and the issue wasn't resolved.
So here I am on the phone again trying to get someone to help me out....so far unsuccessful.
This is not the first time that I had a negative experience with CS regarding a warranty case but this one is certainly the worst.

Oh and they literally have the nerve to tell me the list I got this morning that was dated 15 May 2017 "doesn't exist"
I said if they have such a difficult time providing me with a proper list or sending me what I selected I will gladly take store credit or a check for the $350.
But of course they won't do that.....thry would only give me what I paid for my Kirby 6 months back which I got in sale for $150.....and that's of course not gonna buy me a new one.

@DanielaKB
You paid $150 for the bag and they are offering a $350 value replacement? That's pretty awesome!

Now, tell us more about this list. What's on it and why is it not a plain store credit? Are the bags on this list discontinued bags? I am unclear about this list business.

@DanielaKB
You paid $150 for the bag and they are offering a $350 value replacement? That's pretty awesome!

Now, tell us more about this list. What's on it and why is it not a plain store credit? Are the bags on this list discontinued bags? I am unclear about this list business.

The reason why they are offering a replacement bag up to $350 is based on the value retail price of the bag I sent in for repair. Since it couldn't be fixed and they are not making it anymore, they put a list together with different styles that are along that price point. The list changes every 15 days or so they told me.
You do have the possibility to do store credit but that will be for the actual price you paid for the bag. Since I scored my bag on sale it wouldn't make any sense for me to go that route.

The list has limited styles, limited colors...some are older items I feel like they are trying to get rid off, some are newer items.

The reason why they are offering a replacement bag up to $350 is based on the value retail price of the bag I sent in for repair. Since it couldn't be fixed and they are not making it anymore, they put a list together with different styles that are along that price point. The list changes every 15 days or so they told me.
You do have the possibility to do store credit but that will be for the actual price you paid for the bag. Since I scored my bag on sale it wouldn't make any sense for me to go that route.

The list has limited styles, limited colors...some are older items I feel like they are trying to get rid off, some are newer items.
I wonder if accepting the $150 store credit wouldn't be wiser. Michael Kors goes on sale all the time. You would likely be able to buy another bag you like for a similar price, without being restricted by "the list."

I wonder if accepting the $150 store credit wouldn't be wiser. Michael Kors goes on sale all the time. You would likely be able to buy another bag you like for a similar price, without being restricted by "the list."

You know, it's hit or miss for me. Last year there were bags on sale constantly that I would have snatched up in a heartbeat ....but lately I haven't seen anything in that price range that I would want to jump on.

In general I'm just upset about how they are handling the entire process and the fact that by the time my replacement should have arrived at my house they come around to let me know..."hey what you picked over 2 weeks ago is sold out"...

It's just a big mess....

You know, it's hit or miss for me. Last year there were bags on sale constantly that I would have snatched up in a heartbeat ....but lately I haven't seen anything in that price range that I would want to jump on.

In general I'm just upset about how they are handling the entire process and the fact that by the time my replacement should have arrived at my house they come around to let me know..."hey what you picked over 2 weeks ago is sold out"...

It's just a big mess....
I empathize with you. It's not fun having to return an item. Last year, I struggled for weeks with Gucci over a pair of leather sandals that broke the first day I wore them. It took Gucci CS weeks to repair them and then they broke again! I ended up taking the shoes to my own cobbler and paid (only) 10€ for a perfect repair. And that's supposed to be a true luxury house.

I empathize with you. It's not fun having to return an item. Last year, I struggled for weeks with Gucci over a pair of leather sandals that broke the first day I wore them. It took Gucci CS weeks to repair them and then they broke again! I ended up taking the shoes to my own cobbler and paid (only) 10€ for a perfect repair. And that's supposed to be a true luxury house.
Yes. You would certainly think that the quality should match the price point.

I know I have had quite a few problems in the past with them. One issue took multiple managers to take care of, it a shame. One thing I recommend since it's been bad is ask for a higher manager and look on the website and see if there is anything you like and ask iof you could choose from one of these items since you don't like anything. Worth a try!!! Especially since it's been so many issues

I know I have had quite a few problems in the past with them. One issue took multiple managers to take care of, it a shame. One thing I recommend since it's been bad is ask for a higher manager and look on the website and see if there is anything you like and ask iof you could choose from one of these items since you don't like anything. Worth a try!!! Especially since it's been so many issues

I spoke to 2 supervisors already which one call ended prematurely while I was on hold and that supervisor never found it necessary to call me back and when I called back and talked to another supervisor I got a real a-hole on the phone that was rude and just didn't care and couldn't wait to get off the phone.

I also wrote a message to MK on FB and was told they would look further into this matter and have the appropriate person get back to me...however nothing has happened so far.

And I did ask them multiple times if I could just pick something from the website considering all the issues this has caused so far and that's getting denied right away.
They always refer to the list only or getting store credit for the amount I orginally paid.

I went through this exact process about 8 months ago and everything went perfectly. I sent in a bag that was no longer being made. Retail was $368. I paid around $160 but they gave me a budget of $500. Then they sent me a long list of bags to choose from and asked me to respond though the email which bag I chose.

I replied to the email with my choice. I listed the item # and color. I waited about a week and called to follow up. They found my info in their system and shipped my replacement bag about a week later.

I was really happy with my experience. I'm hoping these details can help you in some way.... :smile:

Reactions: all7s
I went through this exact process about 8 months ago and everything went perfectly. I sent in a bag that was no longer being made. Retail was $368. I paid around $160 but they gave me a budget of $500. Then they sent me a long list of bags to choose from and asked me to respond though the email which bag I chose.

I replied to the email with my choice. I listed the item # and color. I waited about a week and called to follow up. They found my info in their system and shipped my replacement bag about a week later.

I was really happy with my experience. I'm hoping these details can help you in some way.... :smile:
It sounds like a sweet deal for the customer: Buy a deeply discounted bag for $160 and get a $500 voucher.

Bizarre policy in my opinion.