Warped Mirror Bag Charm???

summergirl1

Apr 2, 2013
I want to start by saying that in five years of purchasing LV I have only had two problems. One was a wavy strap on the Totally (the part that connects to the bag was wavy) and that was only a week old so it came that way. (Had the bag shipped so I didn't see it first). The second was a warped flap of the Favorite MM. That developed after only two uses. I say that to say I am really not nit picky I don't scrutinize every stitch etc. Of course as a newbie I had my share of "is this normal" questions.

So on to the bag charm, it's the monogram canvas mirror bag charm and the top circle that doesn't have the mirror is starting to curl upwards on both sides. The bottom is perfectly flat. They were both flat when I bought it. I sent pics to my SA and she is sending to quality to see what they say, but yesterday she basically told me it was normal wear and tear since its fabric. What?? It's very rigid coated canvas so I'm confused but there is no way this is normal. Has anyone else had this problem with theirs? It'll be later in the week when I get an answer. Its never gotten wet, been in heat, etc. It's frustrating to hear of everyone who has great SA's who take care of them right away. It was a real hassle to get the Favorite replaced and the one week old bag she wanted to send out for repair. That would take 6 weeks. I went to another store and they let me swap on the spot. Sorry needed to vent I guess! Here's lots of pics. It's hard to capture but my SA said she could see it. IMG_1490625903.555749.jpgIMG_1490625928.092763.jpgIMG_1490625952.392212.jpgIMG_1490625978.361190.jpgIMG_1490626002.339186.jpgIMG_1490626017.307142.jpg

I have to add that my SA is amazing, I didn't mean it to sound like she's not, but it's Quality that gives her the hard time. I just don't know how some stores are able to fix things on the spot?

Anyone else have this issue with the charm? Is it just me?

I've purchased this bag charm some time ago and exchanged it because I noticed the same issue.
I'm afraid it is indeed normal, even though it's not pleasant. It reminds me of the flap of the Pochette Métis. I've seen quite some bags of this style with warped flaps.

I have a bag charm like this one (not the mirror- the palm springs print one). It has done the same thing over time. I've seen here on tPF that it's a normal thing that happens. Sorry! It's worse with yours than mine, since it messes up the alignment with the two pieces.

I've purchased this bag charm some time ago and exchanged it because I noticed the same issue.
I'm afraid it is indeed normal, even though it's not pleasant. It reminds me of the flap of the Pochette Métis. I've seen quite some bags of this style with warped flaps.

I have a bag charm like this one (not the mirror- the palm springs print one). It has done the same thing over time. I've seen here on tPF that it's a normal thing that happens. Sorry! It's worse with yours than mine, since it messes up the alignment with the two pieces.

Thank you both for your reply!!!

Sonmi did they let you exchange past the 30 days?

Do you two think LV will deem it normal wear and tear or let me replace it? How sad to know these do that! I truly thought this would be a worry free charm!

Mine did it as well, but I fixed it. I set it on the edge of my dresser with the hardware hanging off the side. Then I put some really heavy books on the two canvas covered pieces and left them for about a week. When I checked it a week later, the warping had decreased by at least half. Then I used my hands and gently bent it back into place. I figured I had nothing to lose and now it looks perfect again.

Thank you both for your reply!!!

Sonmi did they let you exchange past the 30 days?

Do you two think LV will deem it normal wear and tear or let me replace it? How sad to know these do that! I truly thought this would be a worry free charm!
Actually, I exchanged it a few days later, because it was already like that. :sad:

Mine did it as well, but I fixed it. I set it on the edge of my dresser with the hardware hanging off the side. Then I put some really heavy books on the two canvas covered pieces and left them for about a week. When I checked it a week later, the warping had decreased by at least half. Then I used my hands and gently bent it back into place. I figured I had nothing to lose and now it looks perfect again.
I'll try that if they won't help me. They told me to do it with the flap on the Favorite and it didn't change though. Glad yours did!
Actually, I exchanged it a few days later, because it was already like that. :sad:
Wow it was already like that? Glad you caught it quick!
Mines the same too

How sad these just aren't made better!

Reactions: Sonmi999