WARNING: Stay Away From MihokoFamily.com!

rin

Sep 26, 2006
Just wanted to let you guys know about this scammy cosmetics site before anyone else lost their money there.

So I ordered something fairly expensive from them almost 3 weeks ago. ($65 for a bottle of toner.) They e-mailed me and told me that they will ship it out within 7 days. My credit card was charged right away, which was very weird since all other online shops charge only when an order is shipped, but I let it slide. 10 days later, still no item or e-mail from them. So I e-mailed them asking what's going on, no response. Then I e-mailed again and asked for a refund since I'm going on vacation soon and won't be around if they do decide to ship it to me. No response.

It's been almost a week now since my first e-mail to them, and I've given up on them responding to me. So I've filed a charge dispute with my cc company. Just wanted to warn the rest of you about this site. They also have a sister site, mihokoshop.com. I'd stay away from that too.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you have to go through charge dispute, and hope all works out well.

I've looking at this website along with imomoko.com, because I really like japanese makeup stuff! I was going to place an order with one of them this weekend (but have never used either of them before), so thanks for letting us know!

I'm sorry you have to go through charge dispute, and hope all works out well.

I've looking at this website along with imomoko.com, because I really like japanese makeup stuff! I was going to place an order with one of them this weekend (but have never used either of them before), so thanks for letting us know!

I LOVE imomoko.com. That site is so awesome. I've ordered from them many times. Whenever I ordered in the morning, my order would be dispatched in the afternoon on the same day! Imomoko.com, and of course sasa.com are the only two places I get my Japanese cosmetics now.

^Rin! Thanks so much for your input! I tend to run to the japanese grocery stores here rather than to the websites, but the selections are very limited, to say the least. So thanks again :smile:

^Rin! Thanks so much for your input! I tend to run to the japanese grocery stores here rather than to the websites, but the selections are very limited, to say the least. So thanks again :smile:

No problem! :smile: I have the same problem here. Japanese grocery stores have less selection but higher prices.

Thank you, Rin! I was about to place an order on Mihokofamily.com.

Sorry to go OT, but just in case anybody is interested, imomoko.com will start carrying the Albion Exage white whitening milk in a week and a half. This is the $66 toner that Rin was referring to.

Rin, I am sure everything will work out for you. Do keep us posted!

Sorry that you had to have this unpleasant experience and to have been inconvenienced

e-mailing etc.

Hope you finally find the product from a more reputable seller and appreciate the

heads up on this seller.

Update!

A couple weeks after my first post here MihokoFamily contacted me and told me that they saw my post here, and that they were simply having e-mail issues, and apologized for the inconveniences. They asked me to post an explanation post and offered me $100 worth of goods from their site to make up for it all.

About two weeks after that I received my initial order. Another 3 weeks later, I received the free goodies they offered me. Another week later, they refunded me what I paid for the original order minus the shipping cost for the freebies.

Of course my opinion of them has improved, because they have done a lot to make up for the initial slip-up. However, I'm still not sure if I would order from them in the future, because as you can see, it takes them at least 2-3 weeks to ship an order, because as the store ownder told me, she has to order everything from Japan and have them shipped to her from Japan first, then to the customer.

Overall I am pretty happy with the end result, although it took a month and a half from the initial order date.

What do you guys think?

It could be a scam website and that they found you posted here honestly and now need you to "reverse" their image? Once they get a pool of potential purchasers, they go back being the scammers again?