Warning: Sad Photos Ahead

beautibabe

Jan 16, 2007
Preloved vintage LVs are wonderful treasures if they are well-kept. I certainly wouldn't mind inheriting one. Then there are some that are completely worn out & on their way to retirement. It saddens me a little to see photos like these & it makes me wonder what on earth happened to them! :wtf:

If only bags could talk, imagine the stories they'd tell!

Warning: Eye-popping, heart wrenching photos ahead...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Do you think vintage bags like this Alma are worth rescuing? To give them a second chance & perhaps admit them to the LV repair hospital for some cosmetic procedures (ie. leather replacement)?

Or should it be laid to rest? :death:

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,645
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,651
Last edited:
I hate to see bags in this condition! my thoughts are that sometimes they are worth rescuing but if to replace the leather is going to cost you heaps, you might as well get a new bag.

Do you think vintage bags like this Alma are worth rescuing? To give them a second chance & perhaps admit them to the LV repair hospital for some cosmetic procedures (ie. leather replacement)?

Or should it be laid to rest? :death:

I had my 18-year-old Speedy 25 redone, but it wasn't in nearly as bad of shape as this Alma. Personally unless you can scrub the interior and clean up the canvas I think it's had its day.

When I took my bag to my LV boutique, they said they generally will not do a repair if it costs more than 50% of a new bag. So I doubt they would even take this one.

My repair did cost more than 50%, but the only reason they were OK with redoing it (I had all the leather replaced and a new zipper) was because the canvas was in excellent condition, the interior was spotless and I told them it had significant sentimental value.

Here's my old thread on the repairs I had done:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/my-speedy-25-rebuilt-and-better-than-ever-175476.html

:cry: omg... this is horrible! i hope the person at least got a good money-worth use out of it before it became like this... this picture make me heart ache!