WARNING!! RUE LA LA Sold FAKE FENDI! OMG!!

baglady.1

Serious Bag Addict
O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
We recently had a very realistic looking FENDI bag submitted here to the Authenticity thread that was sold New from RUE LA LA that has turned out to be a Replica or Non-Authentic FENDI. Here are pics: http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/wondrbuckt/Fendi/

I am sort of in a state of shock (sort of like the Off 5th SAKS bags) to see Knock Offs sold by this retailer that so many members rely on as a source for purchasing their handbags.

BEWARE!!! :mad:

Do you think it just slipped by them or are they becoming shady too?
I really don't know for sure & would like to see other RUE LA LA FENDI bags to compare.
Usually this means the supplier they purchased the bag from is making replicas/not legit.
There were about 6 things wrong with the bag & if other FENDI bags they sell are like this, then they are buying their bags from a non-legit sources. :wondering

I really don't know for sure & would like to see other RUE LA LA FENDI bags to compare.
Usually this means the supplier they purchased the bag from is making replicas/not legit.
There were about 6 things wrong with the bag & if other FENDI bags they sell are like this, then they are buying their bags from a non-legit sources. :wondering

I purchased this bag from their November 2009 event. I know I should have had it checked when I first received it, but I kept telling myself that Rue La La only sells authentic.
I am the first to admit I know nothing about what to look for in an authentic Fendi purse, but that tag kept bothering me. It is sewn in so poorly, even I could do a better job than that and I can't sew.

I contacted Rue la la today and I was told that this case has been sent to their corporate office and I will receive a response within 5 business days. I am anxious to see what their response will be.

I purchased this bag from their November 2009 event. I know I should have had it checked when I first received it, but I kept telling myself that Rue La La only sells authentic.
I am the first to admit I know nothing about what to look for in an authentic Fendi purse, but that tag kept bothering me. It is sewn in so poorly, even I could do a better job than that and I can't sew.

I contacted Rue la la today and I was told that this case has been sent to their corporate office and I will receive a response within 5 business days. I am anxious to see what their response will be.

please keep us posted. to bad you couldn't speak with corporate directly..

I purchased 3 Fendi bags from Ruelala last year. The monogram on the bottom seam did not match up and it looked absolutely fake to me. I returned the items and I ended with a $1000+ STORE CREDIT. Yeah, that's right - ruelala will not give you your money back, only store credit. It took me a long time and a lot of overpriced "sale" items, but I finally used the credit up and I will not be shopping there again.

Now that it has been confirmed that they sell fake Fendi bags, I am glad I returned the items. I also have learned to always check return policy no matter how reputable the site seems. If they aren't going to give me my money back if I make a return, I just don't shop there.

I purchased 3 Fendi bags from Ruelala last year. The monogram on the bottom seam did not match up and it looked absolutely fake to me. I returned the items and I ended with a $1000+ STORE CREDIT. Yeah, that's right - ruelala will not give you your money back, only store credit. It took me a long time and a lot of overpriced "sale" items, but I finally used the credit up and I will not be shopping there again.

Now that it has been confirmed that they sell fake Fendi bags, I am glad I returned the items. I also have learned to always check return policy no matter how reputable the site seems. If they aren't going to give me my money back if I make a return, I just don't shop there.
OMG!! This is not good....I would have liked to have seen pics of those bags, but if anyone else has Rue la la FENDI bags, please PM me or submit on this thread or the authentification thread.....I am seeing a pattern!:wtf:

ughh, I'm getting so tired that we have to be 'on guard' all the time for the fakes. I'm glad you were able to catch it and I'm truly thankful we have such great experts here on tpf to help everyone out!
I personally never heard of rue la la, but maybe that's because I'm from Europe. Is it a store like SAKS, or something online?

We recently had a very realistic looking FENDI bag submitted here to the Authenticity thread that was sold New from RUE LA LA that has turned out to be a Replica or Non-Authentic FENDI. Here are pics: http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/wondrbuckt/Fendi/

I am sort of in a state of shock (sort of like the Off 5th SAKS bags) to see Knock Offs sold by this retailer that so many members rely on as a source for purchasing their handbags.

Have a look at pic no 4 ... even the label was carelessly sewn ! Or is it just my eyes?

Hi Baglady! I was disappointed to read this thread. I work as a writer
at Rue La La and have since we opened our doors. I know we stand by the
authenticity of the bags 100% - and we stand by our Members. If anyone
is concerned about the quality of a bag they should reach out to our
Concierge and I am sure they will give them a full refund.

Reactions: Designerbagcarrier
Hi Baglady! I was disappointed to read this thread. I work as a writer
at Rue La La and have since we opened our doors. I know we stand by the
authenticity of the bags 100% - and we stand by our Members. If anyone
is concerned about the quality of a bag they should reach out to our
Concierge and I am sure they will give them a full refund.

I wonder if Corporate has gotten back to the buyer? " less1126"?

Yes, would be also in a state of shock to find out that they

are selling knockoffs without disclosing them to be as such.

Need an explanation as to why this would happen from

corporate office..