Warning *RANT* - What Annoys Me About Buying From the Mulberry Site

Fifitrix

Aug 17, 2012
£8.00 delivery charge?? What the f&*k is that all about? You pay almost £700 for a bag and they have the cheek to charge for delivery???

I almost bought an Oak Tessie Hobo but it grips my sh*t when these companies try to take the p*ss.

Wake up Mulberry...most sites have free delivery!

Rant/

Yes! I find it strange too when spending so much, to then add on £8 for delivery. It wouldn't stop me ordering though, unless I particularly wanted to see the bag in person, then I just pay the £10 train fare and go get it myself.

I had a dire experience in the so-called "flagship" store in London in August. They blithely offered me the choice of two oak oversized Alexas, without noticing the horrendous creasing on one and the mis-stitched flap on the other, that was so far off-centre that the whole bag was skewed to one side. I felt embarrassed pointing it out and they were almost affronted that I, and not they, had spotted it. They grabbed it swiftly and muttered, "I don't know how that one got through," to which I nearly replied, "They probably don't inspect them in QC either," but thought better of it. What really stuck in my craw was that, even when we finally accepted that the display model was the best of a frankly shabby lot, they refused to reward my eagle eye with a free tin of Collonil! So much for gratitude!!

Don't expect anything free from Mulberry - I'm still waiting to hear back about the broken emerald Alexa they sent me in January!

I can't think of many designer stores that send out for free to be honest. I agree, its very annoying but they all do it!

Net a Porter have dropped their price to £5 now which I think is the lowest priced one. We don't get anything for nothing when buying designer goods - we should know that by now ;) !

I can't think of many designer stores that send out for free to be honest. I agree, its very annoying but they all do it!

Net a Porter have dropped their price to £5 now which I think is the lowest priced one. We don't get anything for nothing when buying designer goods - we should know that by now ;) !

And, to be fair, they do the returns free - which did help me when I ordered a pile of stuff in the January 2013 sale! I live too far away to visit a store (that's why my visit to the London store was so eagerly anticipated - and so disappointing) so I appreciate the mail order service, often next day ...

I don't expect anything for nothing, I am paying hundreds of pounds for a leather bag with a name. I wouldn't mind paying for returns but delivery? No way!

Well on the plus side, by not paying it, it means you have to go into a store and then you can handpick the perfect one.

Although in London, parking anywhere that sells Mulberry is a lot more than £8 sadly.

Hmm I have to agree, just spent cough, cough rather a lot on Selfridges.com and paid £8 delivery - unfortunately I don't live near a store and anyway no stores had what I wanted so had to suck it up.
Some stores have a spend threshold where they will offer free delivery - don't see why these high end sites don't do that....

Internationally my m.com order was £28 delivery or something like that. I did think it was a bit steep to not offer free delivery. But the return process was free. I'd rather get free delivery but have to pay for a return, that makes more sense to me.

I'd rather have free returns, to be honest... And free delivery! Are we just spoiled with free delivery? I don't know - ASOS and Amazon both offer free delivery and I understand it's done via bulk, but I was quite shocked when I realised that M charged £8. Seems a bit penny pinching. Although at least they send you a bag, that's lovely. :smile:

I'm sure it was free delivery from M.com when I bought my bayswater last summer. Can't believe they're charging p&p now...

Nope I was wrong I was charged £8...agree it should be free delivery. Plenty of other online places offer it!!

Last edited:
I don't think there are many online stores that don't charge for delivery. My nearest store would be in London and a £30 train ticket, so it's not a problem for me

Quite often when I order, I've never seen the bag IRL so I tend to order loads for choice, especially in the sale. It's strange how you can order so many bags in that situation for £7 !! and returns are free. If they are all returned within 7 days you even get your postage refunded. :biggrin: I know this is because of EU rules but it does seem weird :lol: especially when you consider if you buy from the Outlet by post you can get a refund but you can't in store.:graucho:

I do most of my shopping online because I am on the SE coast, miles from any decent shops!! I would also prefer not to waste time battling our horrendous jammed up roads down here :Pullhair: It's interesting how for the first time ever M&S have finally offered free postage if your order is over £50 online. Sounds as though even they are feeling the pinch............maybe Mulberry will follow :yes: