Warning- Printed EW bays

Jul 9, 2009
The SA at HOF told me yesterday that once the current crop of printed EW bays are sold Mulberry wont be making any more- Im gutted as £550 is a bit steep but I love printed bags!!! Id love a printed ledbury as the outlet congo just doesnt do it for me but missed those too!!! I need to get a black printed bays!!!

Oh no...another one bites the dust! An SA at Fenwicks told me that 'Bayswater is the next to go' (after Roxy)... It's such a shame :sad:
I really hope you get the one you want Elvisfan!

I can't believe they would get rid of the bays. I also asked in 3 London stores if they were really stopping the roxy and they said definitely not as it is still a really good seller. I do wonder if this is all hype to get us to buy.

Elvis , not sure if they still do this at the outlets but some used to take your name and details and call you when one came in . Bicester has certainly done that in the past . Worth a try .

Aw, they should not get rid of roxy or bays! It seems that a lot of the new bags 'scream' mulberry (daria logo, drew logo, the penny on the leah etc). The more subtle bags where the mulberry tree branding is not in your face are being sidelined. I love the bling of daria and drew, it does attract me. I also like the roxy and bays too though. Why can't they just muck along together side by side?

Elvis , not sure if they still do this at the outlets but some used to take your name and details and call you when one came in . Bicester has certainly done that in the past . Worth a try .

Thanks for the tip Flossie- certainly worth a try will ring round them all!! I love the printed and would love to complete my bays and maybe find some EW as well- the newer styles are too young for me- 46 in 2 days!!!

I completely agree iwanb! It's why so many of us love the Bays, Roxy et al, the understated elegance of the design is what keeps us coming back for more time and again! ..and again!! Hehe! If we were remotely interested in a 'WAG' style bag we'd head over to LV and Co!!! I truly hope they keep the Bays and Roxy!:yes:

In Canopy in Nottingham they even split their Mulberry display between classics and new bags so old fogies like me feel happy going to the classic display- I seriously wonder if Mulberry want to keep old loyal customers- between the price increases and changes in style and leathers

Hope they have one for you . 46 is a fabulous age btw ;). Will this be a birthday pressie ?

Ive already had the birthday pressie- got oak mitzy messenger a few weeks ago for OH to give me!! lol- hoping for an oak pouch to match and oak business card holder- lord knows Ive dropped enough hints to him and to be fair he is very good!!!- I got oak long locked purse last year!!!

I can't believe they would get rid of the bays. I also asked in 3 London stores if they were really stopping the roxy and they said definitely not as it is still a really good seller. I do wonder if this is all hype to get us to buy.

Bluecat, I hate to sound like an old cynic but I think you have a point. The same SA also told me that they'd briefly discontinued Rox in the past but brought it back due to demand... Don't know if anyone can confirm this? Anyway, seems like they're whipping us all up into a 'must buy now' frenzy. She said people were 'snapping up' Roxys now.
Personally I can't believe M will actually discontinue Bays - it's their icon, their bread and butter bag. Surely.....?!

In Canopy in Nottingham they even split their Mulberry display between classics and new bags so old fogies like me feel happy going to the classic display- I seriously wonder if Mulberry want to keep old loyal customers- between the price increases and changes in style and leathers

Mulberry store in Glasgow and HOF do this Elvis. I think there are some of the newer styles that are entirely appropriate for our age group. Like Beatrice and some of the Daria. I don't see the fringed one on an older woman though. Certainly not myself.. I'd look like a clapped out Calamity Jane.

What is good though is when they keep an old design and give it a modern twist. Of course I mean the Splodgy Bays but also the metallic ones , and the brightly coloured Roxies. I don't feel constrained by age there. Except for the Bow Bays.

I think there should be a Golden Girls section on the Mulberry website for the old at heart :nuts::nuts::nuts: