Warning- Printed EW bays

When I was at Shepton a couple of weeks ago I was chatting with the SA in Womeswear (trying on shoes if you must know!) She clocked my Choc Roxy and admired it and then whispered to me "they are stopping production of those you know, It's such a shame but the fashion is for all these new leathers" She sounded genuinely upset about it.

Cannot believe they will get rid of the Bays!

Shocked and saddened but Alexa has been hyped and has an expensive marketing campaign behind it, new leather, aimed at a new customer base so maybe Mulberry want to move deeper into the US and Asia and 'bling' up their image make it more global like some of the bigger brands.

It would be such a shame to see the Bays go, it's like Hermes shelving the Birkin.

Not a huge fan of the Daria bags, prefer the old school simple styles and beautiful leathers.

Shocked and saddened but Alexa has been hyped and has an expensive marketing campaign behind it, new leather, aimed at a new customer base so maybe Mulberry want to move deeper into the US and Asia and 'bling' up their image make it more global like some of the bigger brands.

It would be such a shame to see the Bays go, it's like Hermes shelving the Birkin.

Not a huge fan of the Daria bags, prefer the old school simple styles and beautiful leathers.

ITA. that really would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Much more money in IT bags that people may change every season. I love some of the lighter leathers and a lot of the Daria range. But as an addition to the traditional bags not instead of.

Hi all! Well I don't believe the bayswater will go, they surely sell them every day? How many bays lovers on here?? It's always the most popular style, just look at the "perfect 7" thread started recently.

However when I was in bond street last week, the SA did say the printed ew bays is only for this season. The printed leather will continue in the bayswater style, it's very popular. She didn't know if the roxanne was being discontinued, but when I emailed Mulberry they said yes the roxanne is going.

So I can't imagine there's any panic to get a bayswater before they disappear, just as there's no panic to get an alexa :biggrin:

I agree, it's been all about the 'Alexa' of late I'm afraid! Time to start coveting those Bays and Roxy's ladies ..before it's too late!:crybaby:

I wish they would do the ledbury in printed leather again not stop the EW- it would give me more bags to search for - as there are few if none for me in the new collection Im afraid!! Roxy sales are poor since the price rises but I agree bays sales must still be high- I know there is a lot of hype over alexa but there must still be a fair few of us on here who havent got one and wont have one? or is it just me now?????

Thanks Lady F - had already seen those but the pattern isnt that great imo- did email Sarah who I know quite well by now!!- but these are the only ones she has got it- she also has one of my HG bag -stone goatskin bays but I have already got mine now- typical as I asked her to find one for me and she did but by the time she did I had one!!!!

I hope they don't eliminate the bayswater from their line,if they do this is one U.S buyer that will be kicking the Mulberry brand to the curb.While I like a few of the newer styles they are by no means special from a design perspective.I've seen their so called newer styles on street corners,malls etc for years here in the U.S.just under different brand names and at much lower prices.

I hope they don't eliminate the bayswater from their line,if they do this is one U.S buyer that will be kicking the Mulberry brand to the curb.While I like a few of the newer styles they are by no means special from a design perspective.I've seen their so called newer styles on street corners,malls etc for years here in the U.S.just under different brand names and at much lower prices.
:woohoo: I agree Cat, they're so 'samey'! If the Bayswater goes that'll be the nail in the coffin for me I'm afraid! xoxo

Thanks Lady F - had already seen those but the pattern isnt that great imo- did email Sarah who I know quite well by now!!- but these are the only ones she has got it-

ITA - The black has some small scale print though and I did notice it has the lovely contrasting dark beige stitching (nicer than the plain black).

Are we thinking that Mulberry are stopping the EW and the Ledbury in the Printed? That's a real shame.

.....And as for the Bays being discontinued..............do you think they would?

I know Brand directors have some wierd ideas re strategy direction but I cant see any Finance Director agreeing to such a cashcow being withdrawn. The fact that Mulberry still make Bays in the UK means that it is not a complex bag to produce ie less man hours = a more profitable bag.

For me personally, Ive not swooned over new styles for quite a few seasons. Im waiting for the Bays Holdall to arrive.....having seen the sample last summer at SM....but am worried that they might not make it in NVT.

Im not a fan of the new lighter leathers: I love the Leah Tote in Hazlenut but am yet to see the Plonge IRL - not sure that its staid enough for me (the Ann Widdecombe of TPF):nuts:

LADIES- BAYS IS NOT BEING DISCONTINUED!!! EVER!! lovely manager in York today told me- she actually looks after all the outlets and was visiting- we had a great chat - including TPF and I told her about rumours re roxy and bays- she confirmed roxy is going to be discontinued but no way will bays ever be- so that is a relief!!!

ITA - The black has some small scale print though and I did notice it has the lovely contrasting dark beige stitching (nicer than the plain black).

Are we thinking that Mulberry are stopping the EW and the Ledbury in the Printed? That's a real shame.

.....And as for the Bays being discontinued..............do you think they would?

I know Brand directors have some wierd ideas re strategy direction but I cant see any Finance Director agreeing to such a cashcow being withdrawn. The fact that Mulberry still make Bays in the UK means that it is not a complex bag to produce ie less man hours = a more profitable bag.

For me personally, Ive not swooned over new styles for quite a few seasons. Im waiting for the Bays Holdall to arrive.....having seen the sample last summer at SM....but am worried that they might not make it in NVT.

Im not a fan of the new lighter leathers: I love the Leah Tote in Hazlenut but am yet to see the Plonge IRL - not sure that its staid enough for me (the Ann Widdecombe of TPF):nuts:

Ells check your pms!!!!!

LADIES- BAYS IS NOT BEING DISCONTINUED!!! EVER!! lovely manager in York today told me- she actually looks after all the outlets and was visiting- we had a great chat - including TPF and I told her about rumours re roxy and bays- she confirmed roxy is going to be discontinued but no way will bays ever be- so that is a relief!!!

Phew, good to hear that Elvis. And thanks for posting your outlet list on the other thread - great list!