WARNING, Paypal just made me lose $20 THOUSAND dollars from a scamming buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry, OP! I'm not too familiar on how the legal systems work, but do you plan to escalate this to civil court?
I am going to see how it is even possible. She lives in another country and this whole thing, essentially, is a "he said-she said."

I will contact an attorney no doubt but I really do not know how this could possibly go down. I would have to fly out of the country, pay an attorney to fly out of the country, and I have NO MONEY now (extra) to pay for all of that and I know at the end of the day, it would be well over $11K in legal fees with travel, etc.

I do not mean to sound as though I am throwing in the towel but this is a reality.

Un....believable. I'm so sorry.... Isn't this consider as a grand theft (over 10K)?
Because it is a "he said, she said" with both sides showing documentation that is polar opposite, it really is a civil issue.

Technically it is grand theft but not in the criminal world only the civil law world.

They said that in ALL cases as SNAD for authenticity, PP will ALWAYS side with the buyer as long as the buyer submits something stating it is not authentic. For instance, she takes a fake bag to be authenticated so they automatically side with them even though I proved the OPPOSITE.

*hugs* That is just outrageous :sad:

If I were you I'd go to the press so that the public can be aware of how Paypal treats sellers vs. buyers.

This is absolutely sickening. I hope there is some way for this all to work out for you. I am soooooo sick of all of these scammer buyers on ebay. I just had one last week (fortunately for nowhere near the amount you are out), but since I provided her a link to TPF to get her supposed "fake bag" authenticated, I never heard from her again because I think my thread scared her away (she said she had seen my thread about her scamming). This is just absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe these horrible people, and that PP is just standing by and letting this go on. I am not familiar with Hermes products, so I dont know what all they use to verify authenticity. Is there a serial number/date code similar to in LV's? If so, has PP confirmed that her supposed documentation matches the same bag with the same serial number, etc? I feel like if they are going to rule in this buyer's favor and cost you all of this money, they should at least allow you to see all of the documentation that determined this ruling. My heart goes out to you, OP. I hope there is something else that can be done. I am just in complete disbelief over this. Please keep us posted. :hugs:

This is absolutely sickening. I hope there is some way for this all to work out for you. I am soooooo sick of all of these scammer buyers on ebay. I just had one last week (fortunately for nowhere near the amount you are out), but since I provided her a link to TPF to get her supposed "fake bag" authenticated, I never heard from her again because I think my thread scared her away. This is just absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe these horrible people, and that PP is just standing by and letting this go one. I am not familiar with Hermes products, so I dont know what all they use to verify authenticity. Is there a serial number/date code similar to in LV's? If so, has PP confirmed that her supposed documentation matches the same bag with the same serial number, etc? I feel like if they are going to rule in this buyer's favor and cost you all of this money, they should at least allow you to see all of the documentation that determined this ruling. My heart goes out to you, OP. I hope there is something else that can be done. I am just in complete disbelief over this. Please keep us posted.
Paypal said I have to obtain a court ordered subpoena to see what the buyer submitted.
Yes, Birkins have a craftsman stamp that is pretty unique to each bag. I supplied PP with pics of this and stated I had a security tag on it. PP told me those two things did not matter because they buyer submitted something stating the bag was not authentic. PERIOD. PP straight up told me that in ALL SNAD claims they do not need detailed pics from buyer AND seller because all of that is irrelevant if the buyer submits the proof of non authenticity. Of course I countered that I also submitted proof of AUTHENTICITY and PP said it did not matter because the BUYER said the opposite and had something on paper as well.

How is is NOT relevant????? She obviously had a fake bag authenticated! PP said that it is not for them to determine of she sent a fake bag for authentication, it is for me to work out with a private attorney in court.

Just unbelievable

She provides "proof" it is fake.
I provide proof it is real.

End of the day, the buyer ALWAYS wins these. PP even said this.

Oh Lord...that is sickening. I feel so bad for you. But as a seller for 10 years, didn't a zero feedback bidder, out of the country raise any suspicions? Especially on such an expensive item? I have to give you credit for even going through with that transaction. I would never take that kind of chance. Especially using Payal. Wow. Just wow. As my signature says...people suck.

i am so sorry i have nothing to say except that i am so sorry about this. we hear about scams almost daily!
i hope there is a way for you to pursue PP, the way they reach their decisions is ridiculous!
all the best...

Oh Lord...that is sickening. I feel so bad for you. But as a seller for 10 years, didn't a zero feedback bidder, out of the country raise any suspicions? Especially on such an expensive item? I have to give you credit for even going through with that transaction. I would never take that kind of chance. Especially using Payal. Wow. Just wow. As my signature says...people suck.
Actually, we emailed a LOT and she was super responsive and very nice. The kicker is that I told her that I would even allow a return if she did not want the bag as long as it was still in BNIB condition and had the security tag AND it had to be mailed back within 48 hours of receipt.

She gets it, loves it, then immediately goes right to a full blown dispute and refused to answer emails..........

Paypal said I have to obtain a court ordered subpoena to see what the buyer submitted.
Yes, Birkins have a craftsman stamp that is pretty unique to each bag. I supplied PP with pics of this and stated I had a security tag on it. PP told me those two things did not matter because they buyer submitted something stating the bag was not authentic. PERIOD. PP straight up told me that in ALL SNAD claims they do not need detailed pics from buyer AND seller because all of that is irrelevant if the buyer submits the proof of non authenticity. Of course I countered that I also submitted proof of AUTHENTICITY and PP said it did not matter because the BUYER said the opposite and had something on paper as well.

How is is NOT relevant????? She obviously had a fake bag authenticated! PP said that it is not for them to determine of she sent a fake bag for authentication, it is for me to work out with a private attorney in court.

Just unbelievable

That is just absolute garbage. :mad: I swear PP does this stuff to just get these claims over and done with as quickly as possible. They do not care about anyone. And for them to say that none of this information is relevant?!?! Absolutely disgusting. I said it on my own thread, and I will say it here. I have one thing left on ebay that I am selling, and after that is gone, I am done for a long time with ebay and paypal. It is just way too risky. I dont understand how people like this buyer, or even the people who work on these things at PP even sleep at night, knowing what they are doing to honest sellers. I am just absolutely disgusted over this, and I cannot even imagine how you are feeling. Again, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I really hope something can be done about this. :sad:

Holy sh%&!!!! $20K?! I don't know what else to say.

TPF DETECTIVE AGENCY: ACTIVATE.

The more information that you can give us about the buyer, the better. What was his/her ebay ID? Where in Canada is he/she from? etc...

Just unbelievable

this explanation from payapl just seems illogical & unacceptable..

am wondering if there are any TPF'ers from Canada that could

perhaps help you... also I would be very persistent in contacting

ebay/pp legal dept... this is a huge amount of money to be out of.

they just accept someone's word that the item is fake without

back up of any kind??? truly this is just sickening and horrible..

Status
Not open for further replies.