Status
Not open for further replies.

kristie

"H" is for horses?
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
I am so sick I can barely type this.

Here is the Cliffs Notes version of the story:
Zero FB buyer buys a Hermes Birkin from me off of Ebay but via Paypal. Bag is authentic without a doubt. I sold it for around $11K and placed a SECURITY TAG on it.

Buyer receives the bag, loves the bag and states this in an email.

Buyer files a SNAD for a non authentic bag the SAME day she emailed me telling me she loved it.

Never contacts me, nothing.........

My PP account was $11K NEGATIVE for well over a month while PP "investigated."

Paypal never asked me to provide anything to them. BUT I did anyways to protect myself. I sent them the receipt for the bag, and I also had it authenticated from a verified authenticator of Hermes on their letterhead. This authentication service is part of a copyright protection legal firm. I paid $150 out of my own pocket to show without a shadow of a doubt the bag is authentic.

I also sent them all of the emails back and forth prior to the sale and explained on a 3 page letter why I felt the buyer was going to pull a bait and switch because she refused to answer any of my emails.

Well, Paypal does not CARE because today they refunded the buyer all of her money and let her KEEP the bag because she signed an affidavit stating she "destroyed" it.

Sure Paypal.......a scammer just got a $11K bag for FREE and they are going to destroy it???? Yeah, OK.

So, now I lost $11K back to her and she gets to keep my $9K bag. So, I have a total loss of over $20 THOUSAND dollars.

I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN use Paypal for Hermes bags EVER!!!!!

I am going to file an appeal but I am sure the same sick people at Paypal that seem to believe all buyers are honest and sellers are liars will find it in her favor again.

Paypal told me I cannot file an appeal because the bag is "destroyed." They told me my only option is to hire an attorney to dispute it with their legal department.

I don't HAVE ANY MONEY for an attorney because I am now out $20K. I want to cry, scream, and hit something. I spoke with a supervisor, I did EVERYTHING and they just keep telling me the same generic answer of , "Paypal has decided to rule this dispute in the buyer's favor." They will not tell me WHY at all!!!!

I absolutely believe that the buyer plotted this all along and had a fake bag that looked like mine already in her possession when she purchased mine. She sent her fake to be "authenticated" as mine and boom! Must be the same bag I sent, right??? I had a security tag on it and PP did NOT CARE. I have been on the phone with them for an hour and spoke with the supervisor that "investigated" it and she said the exact same garbage as the claims rep. "We found it in the buyer's favor and we cannot tell you why." I provided them with a RECEIPT and a legal letter of authenticity!! They said that in ALL cases as SNAD for authenticity, PP will ALWAYS side with the buyer as long as the buyer submits something stating it is not authentic. For instance, she takes a fake bag to be authenticated so they automatically side with them even though I proved the OPPOSITE. They said, "We have no proof she submitted a fake bag, so we have to believe her that she sent the one you sold her." My response was that I did not sell her a fake bag and I submitted a lot of info backing this up. PP said as long as the buyer shows "something" the item is not authentic, they will win and the item will be "destroyed."

So the buyer is ALWAYS right according to them. It is so unreal to me. She said I can only dispute it with an atty outside of Paypal and there is nothing they can do to assist me further. After contacting a few big H resellers I have discovered this EXACT scenario happened to them and that is why they only do wire transfers now. I will NEVER sell ANYONE a H bag without a wire transfer again.

I hope the buyer enjoys her Birkin in Hell.

this is unbelievable and so sorry doesn't seem to be enough to say to you...

can you possibly go to see an attorney that might take on this case pro bono

or perhaps work something out .. would you consider filing a police report

for possible fraud... who told her to destroy the bag? did she take it upon herself

to destroy the bag?.. where did the affadvait come from and who authenticated

that bag telling her it was a fake? do you have a pic with the security tag?

I am sick to my stomach reading this, I cannot imagine how awful you must be feeling. Legal action must be taken, do not let her get away with this or she will continue to scam. Can you please provide us with her ebay id if this is allowed?

Hi there, no it is not a police issue......I am in law enforcement and the crime did not occur here where I live so they will not take one. Everything with Ebay/Paypal for the most part is a civil issue even though there is a huge loss for me. It can only be handled in civil court, not criminal court and the police do not take reports for what is considered a civil issue.

I sent paypal pics of the security tag, the craftsman stamp, EVERYTHING and they did NOT CARE. They told me it is all irrelevant because the buyer submitted paperwork showing the bag was not authentic. That is because she is a scammer and submitted a fake bag for authentication is my guess. PP will not tell me who "authenticated" the bag.

Paypal faxed her an affidavit to sign saying she "destroyed" the bag personally. Yeah right!!!!! They do not ask for pics of the destroyed bag, nothing......they just believe a signature from someone that scammed me out of a Birkin AND my money.

She is not even located in the US so the atty thing is not going to work either. It would be a civil case and there is nothing to even "prove" because she is going to say she "destroyed" the bag so it cannot even be used as evidence. They can't go search her house for it.

i'm sorry that you have to deal with a horrible scammer...
i didn't get why she had to "destroy the bag". Paypal should have red flagged it. She can always return the bag for a refund rather than destroying the bag...

And,
why did you sell a high value item to a zero feedback buyer OFF EBAY, in the first place???

To add to the entertainment, I have been a seller on Ebay for about 10 years.

Just last year I had over $120K put into my PP account and I am a premier business member. The buyer is a 0 FB nothing and PP does not care at all.

I just am dumbfounded and sick to my stomach........They will get nothing from me now.

Wow Kristie :faint: This is beyond horrible!
I cannot believe this is happening and there is no way to get her back or at least get your bag back :shucks:

I'm sorry you are going through this :hugs:

i'm sorry that you have to deal with a horrible scammer...
i didn't get why she had to "destroy the bag". Paypal should have red flagged it. She can always return the bag for a refund rather than destroying the bag...

And,
why did you sell a high value item to a zero feedback buyer OFF EBAY, in the first place???
Because in instances of "counterfeit" items, they stated the buyer has to destroy it due to all the lawsuits the actual copyright holders have filed on PP in the past.

It would not have made a hill of beans difference if I sold it to her ON ebay or OFF Ebay because it is still PP buyer protection, PERIOD.

I also do not doubt she would have just sent me back a fake anyways if they told her to ship it back. They obviously don't care that it had an individual unique craftsman stamp AND a security tag. They told me those things do not matter as long as the buyer submits something showing that WHATEVER bag they submitted was not authentic.

OMG! OP, I am so sorry this happened to you. I know it may be a bit of a reach here, but could you get international law enforcement involved? Anything to send a message to this scumbag?

OMG! OP, I am so sorry this happened to you. I know it may be a bit of a reach here, but could you get international law enforcement involved? Anything to send a message to this scumbag?
Nope, same issue.......it is considered a civil case and can only be dealt with in civil court; therefore, it is not a police issue on either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.