Tonight I had to take my son (10mos) to the ER because within an hour or so of taking a tsp of children's motrin (followed the label exactly) he had an allergic reaction. Within 1/2hr I'd say he broke out in hives (which at the time looked like mesquito bites but I called his ped and she said it was probably a rash as he has croup) on his thighs, neck, armpits, back, stomach and face (under chin). About 1/2hr after that he woke up (I was holding him, rocking him to sleep) and his eye started to swell and then within 5mins of that his bottom lip started swelling. Within about 5-10mins his eye was huge and his lip was twice it's normal size. I rushed about 15mins to the ER and by that time his face had red splotches and his eye and lip were even bigger (I wish I would have taken pictures so you could see how bad it was). They didn't even triage us they took him straight back. Luckily his airway didn't swell shut and he didn't go into shock. They asked was I giving him any medicine and I said just motrin and the Dr. said that was probably it. It's not common but it happens and he might not always be allergic to it but not to give it to him again till he's 4 or 5. I had NO idea this could happen!!!! Just wanted to share with others incase you find yourself in a similar situation. Caden is fine btw, they gave him an IV with dexamethasone (steriod) and benadryl. His lip has gone down, his eye is still a little swollen.