Warning: Kinda Long Story: An Ubrupt End To Wallet Search :)

LVKeepallfan

Apr 8, 2008
Hello Tpfer's:smile: I would like to thank everyone who posted and voted on my poll regarding which Sarah wallet to get.

I called my nearest LV boutique this morning to ask if they had any Sarah wallets that came in. The SA who answered the phone said yes "we have one of each color in vernis (pomme, amarante, rouge fauviste, bleu nuit etc.), epi, multicolore, and all the canvases." I was like :nuts: So I hurriedly drank some protein shake, washed my face, brushed my teeth (thank goodness I took a long shower at my local 24Hour Fitness last night), got dressed and drove 2 hours to the boutique. When I got there, my regular SA was happy to see me and I told her I wanted to see all the Sarah's. That's when I found out the SA I spoke to on the phone LIED to me!!! Besides the canvas, there was one of each:
Epi rubis and noir, vernis amarante and pomme; that's it! Rouge Fauviste, Bleu Nuit and Epi Ivoire are not available anywhere.

I had here take out Amarante and Pomme first. As soon as she placed Amarante on counter, I noticed finger prints all over it which was a big turn off...Then I began playing with Pomme and oh she's delicious! Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw Epi Rubis and had my SA take her out of display window. As soon as I had Rubis on my hands, BAM!!! My "DUDE" instincts kicked-in and really appreciated Epi Rubis rigid structure and simplicity which is a departure from my logoed out bags. It was a tough choice, I went back and forth but in the end, I took home
EPI RUBIS :yahoo:I will post pics in three weeks when I get my camera.

Oh congratulations. I'm glad you got the Sarah I am sure you will enjoy using her. I love Epi leather too, it is such an understated but elegant leather.

I'm deciding between Mono or Epi Rubis Zippy wallet (had a thread on this) and reading this makes me want the Epi Rubis more and more!!!!

I'm going to wait though until I can see them side by side at the boutique before I finalize my decision.

Can't wait to see your pics!!

^^I've seen Epi Rubis Zippy wallet and it is TDF! Saw it in Cassis too:smile: I literally had a hard time between Rubis and Pomme but Epi's structure won me over. I don't know, but as much as I LVOE logos, the simplicity of Epi is just too attractive to pass on. You have to check both out to see what I mean.

I've had that happen to me too but with a Chanel SA. The rep told me they had a certain zip wallet in stock so I raced over there to find out it was actually out of stock. So happy you got a wallet though! I'm a huge fan of Epi too. :graucho: Congrats!!!

^^I've seen Epi Rubis Zippy wallet and it is TDF! Saw it in Cassis too:smile: I literally had a hard time between Rubis and Pomme but Epi's structure won me over. I don't know, but as much as I LVOE logos, the simplicity of Epi is just too attractive to pass on. You have to check both out to see what I mean.

The cassis was too dark for my liking. I really liked the Epi Rubis, the only thing hindering me from buying it (and considering the mono) is that I don't have any other Epi items, my LVs are Mono, Damier (ebene + azur) and Multicolore. I'm considering the Mono because I know that it'll go with all my bags and it's the Mono classic -although the red of the Epi Rubis is classic too (I wish though that the hardware was golden brass vs silver)...anyway, I'll make my decision once I see them side by side - when I stopped at the boutique last they were out of Mono and I didn't want to make a hasty decision w/o seeing them side by side.

I'm glad to hear that you LOVE the Epi Rubis...it makes me more excited for it :smile:)

Congratulations!!! Although the SA on the phone mislead you, it sounds like the Epi wallet was "meant to be"......we have all sorts of wish lists and thoughts about what we "think" we would like, but in the end the LV that's perfect just seems to find us, not the other way round!!! I have a pomme Wilshire Blvd and as much as I love this bag, I feel like its slightly fragile and not a robust workhorse like my others. I think I would feel the same about a Vernis wallet, a bit delicate. I have two Epi bags and they are fab!

I can't wait for three weeks for your pictures! :pout:;)

I completely agree with you. On my way to the boutique, I was sure my heart was set in either Rouge Fauviste or Pomme but of course, RF wasn't there. I though Pomme was going to be it, but Epi Rubis stole my heart from the display window by surprise (it wasn't even one of my choices on the poll) LOL!

Congratulations!!! Although the SA on the phone mislead you, it sounds like the Epi wallet was "meant to be"......we have all sorts of wish lists and thoughts about what we "think" we would like, but in the end the LV that's perfect just seems to find us, not the other way round!!! I have a pomme Wilshire Blvd and as much as I love this bag, I feel like its slightly fragile and not a robust workhorse like my others. I think I would feel the same about a Vernis wallet, a bit delicate. I have two Epi bags and they are fab!

I can't wait for three weeks for your pictures! :pout:;)