Warning for International Tory Burch customers - do NOT select DHL Global Mail!

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Just thought I'd post a heads up here for any Canadian or Australian customers looking to order from Tory Burch's website.

Either select DHL Express for shipping, which may be marginally better, or do not order online at all. Do NOT fall for their "Free shipping" promos, which uses DHL Global Mail. Trust me, it is NOT worth the measly savings!

I ordered a single bag from their Black Friday sale, selected DHL Global Mail (which cost me $23 in additional to duties, taxes and their "processing fee"); it was shipped on December 3 and I still have NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING. In fact, the tracking has not updated since December 6. I contacted the final delivery courier company (DHL Global Mail passes the shipment to either CanadaPost or Canpar for the final delivery once it reaches my city) and they have not received anything, either.

If it is stuck or lost while in customs, well, I cannot say if this is true for sure, since the tracking still says "Processed at Origin" and "Enroute"--again, it has been stuck in this status since December 6.

My bag has been marked down to 30% now and with the additional 25% off during their new year promo, I should have just waited until now to purchase, and selected DHL Express. They say typical delivery for DHL Global Mail will deliver in 7-14 business days, but may take up to 20 business days...well, it's been 17 business days and I doubt they will even come close to making the 20 business days seeing as the item doesn't appear to have moved.

I know in the end, whether through credit card charge back or a refund from TB, I will still get my money back if the package is really lost, however, I really wanted this bag and am worried it will sell out by the time that happens and I can order a replacement. I've considered ordering another one right away and having it shipped express but international returns are a PITA (ship back at own cost) and I don't want to be stuck with two of the same bags.

DHL customer service was useless also. Couldn't tell me anything and doesn't answer emails. I'm extremely disappointed and have contacted TB Customer Service to see what they can do. I am hoping they will offer to send a replacement immediately with Express and I can just refuse delivery of the slower one when it arrives, but I doubt they'd do that. I would be willing to order another one right away if they offer to pay for the return shipping of the first one when it finally arrives, but I doubt they'd do that either.

So, if you are Canadian/Australian--beware...do NOT use Global Mail to have your Tory Burch order shipped!

Just thought I'd post a heads up here for any Canadian or Australian customers looking to order from Tory Burch's website.

Either select DHL Express for shipping, which may be marginally better, or do not order online at all. Do NOT fall for their "Free shipping" promos, which uses DHL Global Mail. Trust me, it is NOT worth the measly savings!

I ordered a single bag from their Black Friday sale, selected DHL Global Mail (which cost me $23 in additional to duties, taxes and their "processing fee"); it was shipped on December 3 and I still have NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING. In fact, the tracking has not updated since December 6. I contacted the final delivery courier company (DHL Global Mail passes the shipment to either CanadaPost or Canpar for the final delivery once it reaches my city) and they have not received anything, either.

If it is stuck or lost while in customs, well, I cannot say if this is true for sure, since the tracking still says "Processed at Origin" and "Enroute"--again, it has been stuck in this status since December 6.

My bag has been marked down to 30% now and with the additional 25% off during their new year promo, I should have just waited until now to purchase, and selected DHL Express. They say typical delivery for DHL Global Mail will deliver in 7-14 business days, but may take up to 20 business days...well, it's been 17 business days and I doubt they will even come close to making the 20 business days seeing as the item doesn't appear to have moved.

I know in the end, whether through credit card charge back or a refund from TB, I will still get my money back if the package is really lost, however, I really wanted this bag and am worried it will sell out by the time that happens and I can order a replacement. I've considered ordering another one right away and having it shipped express but international returns are a PITA (ship back at own cost) and I don't want to be stuck with two of the same bags.

DHL customer service was useless also. Couldn't tell me anything and doesn't answer emails. I'm extremely disappointed and have contacted TB Customer Service to see what they can do. I am hoping they will offer to send a replacement immediately with Express and I can just refuse delivery of the slower one when it arrives, but I doubt they'd do that. I would be willing to order another one right away if they offer to pay for the return shipping of the first one when it finally arrives, but I doubt they'd do that either.

So, if you are Canadian/Australian--beware...do NOT use Global Mail to have your Tory Burch order shipped!
Sorry to hear about this, it must be very frustrating. I hope it get resolved quickly. Thankfully I don't have to order on-line anymore since they opened a Tory Burch boutique in Calgary, AB. last year.

Sorry to hear about this, it must be very frustrating. I hope it get resolved quickly. Thankfully I don't have to order on-line anymore since they opened a Tory Burch boutique in Calgary, AB. last year.

I am from Calgary as well but the boutique didn't have what I wanted.

That's too bad the Calgary TB boutique didn't have what you were looking for. Someday soon there will be a Nordstroms opening in Chinook Centre (you likely already knew that) Nordy's often carry TB products as well, although I prefer TB boutiques because of the AMAZING service. :smile:

I am from Calgary as well but the boutique didn't have what I wanted.

That's too bad the Calgary TB boutique didn't have what you were looking for. Someday soon there will be a Nordstroms opening in Chinook Centre (you likely already knew that) Nordy's often carry TB products as well, although I prefer TB boutiques because of the AMAZING service. :smile:

Yeah, I'm super excited for Nordies at Chinook! Hopefully they'll carry all the same brands that US Nordies carry.

Good luck with your customer service request, I hope it all works out!

Thanks ladies for your comments...wanted to provide a quick update. 1+ month after I ordered, almost one month after I saw the item was shipped...the item appears to finally be in my city!

DHL Global Mail hands over the shipment to a local courier (Canpar) and my package has FINALLY shown up in Canpar's system. The DHL tracking has not yet been updated (and I bet it will never update).

Fingers crossed it makes it to my house OK. I have definitely learned my lesson about DHL GM!

Final update: parcel was waiting on the front step when I got home. Finally!

Here is my Robinson Ologram adjustable mini bag....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388872153.813500.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388872153.813500.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 938
  • ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388872164.077198.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388872164.077198.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 917
Final update: parcel was waiting on the front step when I got home. Finally!

Here is my Robinson Ologram adjustable mini bag....
Saw there were updates to this thread. Was really hoping it'd be reveal pics from you finally receiving it. Wasn't disappointed. :smile:

Gorgeous bag. I hope it'll be worth the wait for you.

Saw there were updates to this thread. Was really hoping it'd be reveal pics from you finally receiving it. Wasn't disappointed. :smile:

Gorgeous bag. I hope it'll be worth the wait for you.

Thanks! You're sweet to check in :smile: it is a beautiful bag, on the small size but nothing I wasn't expecting!

I used the bag for the first time yesterday and while it is tiny, I can carry a bare minimum of things with me so I made it work. I just love small bags that free up my hands. DH was sitting across from me eating ice cream and commented "oh look! Your nails match your bag!"

I didn't even do it on purpose and didn't notice before he commented on this!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1390079357.830203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1390079357.830203.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 790