Warning!! Do not use hotbooksale.com!!

kkeene19703

Jan 18, 2008
FLA
Total scam....I ordered a book from them over 8 days ago which has yet to be in stock (even though it said it was in stock when I ordered). Then the total said $.27 (due to a coupon they offered on your first order). I was charged $1 ...no big deal, I didn't bother to call. Today they charged me another $9.95!! No notice, nothing. I call and the woman reads a script that I agreed to a monthly fee of $9.95 by placing my order. Why on earth would I pay $9.95 a month for the privelege of using their site??? I would have avoided the hassle and just got it from Amazon. Live and learn.

jillybean12

Mar 1, 2010
By the ocean
i bought from hotmoviesale.com yesterday and it looks like the same place. GREAT!

I did see though before the order was placed there was this site that came up. I didn't read the whole thing I just said no thanks. I wonder if you agreed and didn't know. They better give you your money back that's BS.

Last edited:

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
I came across this language before going to the payment page:

†Terms of Offer:
By placing your order today you will begin a 7-day trial of BestBrandValues for only $1, providing access to big discounts and savings on top brand products. After the trial, the membership fee of $9.95 per month will be charged or debited by BestBrandValues to the credit or debit card you provide today and then be automatically charged or debited at the then-current monthly membership fee for each month that you continue your membership. You may cancel at any time by calling 1-866-529-3413 and if you cancel your membership before the end of the trial period, you will not be billed for the monthly membership fee.

katlun

O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
call you cc company and fight it

and cancel your monthly memebership asap

kkeene19703

Jan 18, 2008
FLA
Thanks ladies....I did call and cancel as soon as the 9.95 showed up on my cc online statment. We'll see if they refund it.