WARNING: Do not place international orders with Bloomingdale's!!!

v21

Jun 4, 2010
Hi,

This is just a warning to any international shopper who will be buying from Bloomingdale's. If you are placing an international order (doesn't matter if your shipping address is in within the States, if your billing address is outside of the States, it is considered an international order), you will have to place that order through the phone.

BEWARE for two main reasons:

1. Their inventory is not up-to-date with the warehouse inventory! So when you place the order, you will get a confirmation e-mail, but it might happen that you will get another e-mail saying that "Unfortunately, we could not complete your order because we need to verify some information."

THIS HAPPENED TO ME 3 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!! (I wanted to order a Ferragamo scarf, but every time I did, the order would go through with a confirmation e-mail, only to end up with another e-mail saying there is a problem with the first order and then the consecutive orders, and with me calling in a total of 6 times and having to change from my first choice all the way to my third choice, all with NO LUCK!!)

2. The expertise/professionalism of Customer Service and their Supervisors is questionable! Most of their Customer Service Reps are really helpful and knowledgable, however, when I placed the order the first time, I had a lady who never put orders through for Bloomingdale's before and completely messed up my order. The supervisors are IGNORANT, the supervisor I was talking to did not listen to me and went ahead to process the order the way she see fit, EVEN when there was no more stock left in the warehouse she proceeded with my order!!!!

RESULT: You end up calling Bloomingdale's 6 times about your order, because every time someone manages to mess it up and there is none in stock at the warehouse (yet the computer systems at Customer Service say there is), and you end up cancelling your order and you wasted all this time for nothing!:rant:

Sorry for the long rant, but I really hope that nobody else has to go through this like me at Bloomingdale's. I will stick with Saks and NM, since I have had WAY better customer service there before.

Hmm... this is pretty common. Whether or not it's an international order, Bloomies' inventory is not updated live.

I personally don't see what the hassle is... Why did you call 6 times? They won't process or charge your cards (and even if they do, they credit you back pretty fast). I've had orders cancelled many times, but I don't even bother calling them and wasting my time.

I understand that you're frustrated, but what can you do when there's no stock left? The CS can't do much, not even their manager. So if you get mad at them, that's just wasting your own energy. I do agree with you that it's really annoying for an international buyer to call in for a domestic US shipping address. Their system is slow, old, and discourages shoppers from online purchases :yes:

The first time I had to call in because I never got a confirmation e-mail of my transaction because the first person who ran my order through got the e-mail address wrong. It turns out that not only was my e-mail address wrong, but she got my billing address all wrong as well. All the other times I called in was because there was always an e-mail saying that there is something wrong with my order, but I think what you're misunderstanding here is that every time I'm calling, it's NOT for the same order over and over again, but the new orders that I have to keep making to replace the other ones that are out of stock. In the end, I went through 3 transactions of all different scarves, and NONE of them were actually in stock in the warehouse.

And again, this is not uncommon for online ordering. Bear in mind, too, that during holiday season there is additional demand from customers, coupled with hiring of extra and sometimes less than immaculately trained seasonal staffing.

Try to realize that if you order from online vendors, there will be the possibility of a snafu and sometimes poor customer service. Bloomies will continue to do a lot of business on its site.

I think that the most frustrating part is the fact that so many mistakes can happen when you let somebody else handle all your information and so on. Out of the 6 different people I've talked to, 4 out of 6 of them managed to get something wrong with the address or something with the order (even after confirming everything with me). The 5th person I talked to for some reason didn't link my credit card number (along with the security code and expiration date after I gave it to him) to the order, so that makes me wonder where did all that credit card info go then?

It's just that all the mistakes that occurred throughout this whole transaction which began on the 6th until now is just really frustrating. In the end, I just cancelled everything, not worth the hassle if every transaction gets an e-mail that says the order can't be completed because I need to "verify some information".

And remember, this wasn't just like any online order, everything had to be done through the phone because it was considered an "international order". This is where all the mistakes can happen.

The first time I had to call in because I never got a confirmation e-mail of my transaction because the first person who ran my order through got the e-mail address wrong. It turns out that not only was my e-mail address wrong, but she got my billing address all wrong as well. All the other times I called in was because there was always an e-mail saying that there is something wrong with my order, but I think what you're misunderstanding here is that every time I'm calling, it's NOT for the same order over and over again, but the new orders that I have to keep making to replace the other ones that are out of stock. In the end, I went through 3 transactions of all different scarves, and NONE of them were actually in stock in the warehouse.

Sorry for your horrible experience.
Thanks for the information.

I, too, tried to place an order with bloomie's to no avail. I had much better luck with nordie's and sak's... Hopefully you can find your item elsewhere (and maybe cheaper)...

I had the exact same experience, I waited about three weeks before I called because I assumed it had be placed and shipped and it was never in stock in the first place. Last time I ever order from them. Their customer service was just as useless and I got the same excuses. Lesson learned don't bother with them!

To Amanda_g and Pellarin22, I hope you guys have better luck in the future with your online purchases! I too had way better experiences with others like Sak's and Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, and yes, lesson learned the hard way!

I had some astoundingly crazy service from bloomingdales.com this fall. They made so many mistakes and so many of their representatives were clueless and gave me the wrong information. After so much running around and so many phone calls on the subject (and having to make a return personally to a store because I didn't trust their people any more at that point), I received an apology and a $300 gift card from them. I was really surprised, but it did convince me to give them one more try. (I went to their store, though, not online.)
I think they are trying, but the quality of their representatives is just too spotty.
It's true that saks.com and nordstrom.com are just so much better.

I had a problem with them too. To make a long story short, they said my item had shipped and charged my card, BUT it turned out that the item wasn't in stock and never shipped. I had to call them several times to straighten it out. In fact, if I wouldn't have called, they would have had my money and I wouldn't have had a bag! They made no effort to apologize. That was the first, and last, time I have/will order from them.

I also had an issue with them. They double charged my card for an item, and it took several calls to straighten it out. They claimed they only charged me once, until I got someone on the phone who knew what they were doing and got it straightened out. I will never order from them again.

Hmm... this is pretty common. Whether or not it's an international order, Bloomies' inventory is not updated live.

I personally don't see what the hassle is... Why did you call 6 times? They won't process or charge your cards (and even if they do, they credit you back pretty fast). I've had orders cancelled many times, but I don't even bother calling them and wasting my time.

I understand that you're frustrated, but what can you do when there's no stock left? The CS can't do much, not even their manager. So if you get mad at them, that's just wasting your own energy. I do agree with you that it's really annoying for an international buyer to call in for a domestic US shipping address. Their system is slow, old, and discourages shoppers from online purchases :yes:

Exactly. What has this got to do with it being an international order? I have ordered items online, from various companies, and sometimes I've been contacted saying that the merchandise isn't in stock. So, I just move on.