Warning! Bonanza glitch??

pigalle74

Apr 7, 2009
I'm a very experienced seller/buyer on bonanza. But, this has never happened to me so I'd like to share it.

I saw a bag that I liked and made a purchase this morning. Paid via credit card thru paypal and received the payment confirmation. Now the listing on bonanza was still active even after my purchase and it did not show up on my "item bought" section either. I was still able to add the same item to my cart. I tried to contact the seller to tell her that I have bought it and paid for it, but it still shows available for sale. The seller never contacted me, but DELETED the listing instead. Now I have no proof that I have made the purchase and the listing is gone. It's possible that the seller deleted it to prevent multiple purchases for the item, but why wouldn't she reply to my messages when she had the time to delete the listing?

It's absolutely unacceptable to me that Bonanza would let this type of glitches happen on their site. I always use my credit card to purchase on Bonanza and I'm thankful that I do this. Just wanted to tell people to be careful.

Last edited:
Wow, that's crazy. Let's hope that she gets into contact with you. You do have the Paypal confirmation though? That should be good enough if there is in fact a dispute. I hope it all works out. Keep us posted!

This seller is a scammer, a tpfer pm'd me and told me she bought the same bag. Bonanza contacted me and provided her contact info and apparently her address is a budget inn in somewhere SC.. eek!

Oh dear. I am sorry that this is happening to you. I hope with this information that PayPal will refund your money without a hassle. What is her bonanza ID? Where in SC?

oh no! Please share the ID.
Sometimes I have seen listings remain active when the buyer pays by echeck (not by choice, but because paypal converted it to one). Bonanza does not remove the listing until the payment clears. So the seller has to hide the listing, delete, or leave it up. It will show up again later after the payment clears, and then it will be marked as "sold".

Acutally bonanza removed her account but they won't comment on their own glitch. This was definitely a glitch on their end. I'll just have to file a charge back with my cc. Thanks guys for your support!

Last edited:
This is slightly OT but because it's another Bonz ongoing glitch, I want to warn others.

If you're a seller and a buyer doesn't pay for an item, you can mark the item as "unpaid." It then removes it from your sold items but the FVF charged by Bonz stays on your invoice.

I've had to email them at [email protected] every time a buyer didn't pay.

You know this same exact thing happened to me before, to the tee! I was trying to buy a LV Speedy, went through the motions and all the same stuff happened. I contacted Bonanzle(at the time was still) and they I guess took down her booth and canceled my transaction. She was a scammer. Sorry this happened to you also Pigalle74.