Warning about red metallic leopard!!!!!

Midlands lass

In the dark........
Aug 28, 2010
I bought my lily in this on sat. The bag was a sub with the fault stated as the 'material'. The staff in the York outlet said that they had minor scuffs and that was why. We looked at a few and they did. The one I picked had the worlds tiniest scuff on it. I did specifically ask whether there was a batch problem with this leather as the bags are no longer for sale on mulberry.com. And they were not aware of one. I got conflicting advice on the use of collonil waterstop. The SA said no but the website said yes for the camel one so I called customer services.

I asked them the same questions and they said 'yes' there was a batch problem with this leather and the leopard print rubs off very quickly.

I am not happy to spend £346 on a bag I may only get a few uses out of so it is going back. Very disappointed as it is a beauty but the manager of the York outlet was lovely and will give me a full refund.

Not good that customer services are not communicating with their outlet stores really.....

oo no sorry to hear this glad to hear you will get a full refund.. is this the same for the black and camel too???

Apparently it's just the red.
The red is still on NAP for full price. I told mulberry customer services this. I should really get a discount for doing their job for them!!!!

Apparently it's just the red.
The red is still on NAP for full price. I told mulberry customer services this. I should really get a discount for doing their job for them!!!!
it amazes me when this happens like with the darias in the summer..
i have been lusting after the black alexa and my dh got it for me at the weekend, so im worried now esp since my dh is not letting me use it i have to wait to receive it..

I asked them the same questions and they said 'yes' there was a batch problem with this leather and the leopard print rubs off very quickly.

Is this just a problem with one particular batch of the red leopard leather, or is it all of them?

My Bays is still fine but it's one I keep for "best", not for everyday wear. I hope if I continue to do so, it will be OK because I absolutely adore that bag :heart: in the gorgeous glowing red, the print reminds me of lipstick kisses.

I think you are right to return it under those circumstances ML.

Makes me wonder if we will see that particular batch in SM for £75 like the Darias in the summer. Sign up now!!!

Oh dear, ML, I'm sorry you have to return your new Lily! Such a lovely bag, but I think you're doing the right thing to take it back.

(Can someone fill me in about the Daria situation this summer? Was there a thread about this? TIA!)