warmer climate and boots club :)

seahorseinstripes

bag greed bug
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
i live in asia where it's summer all year long, well and rain but that doesn't stop me from loving my boots
i just love wearing ankle or a bit higher boots, i think they're very comfortable to wear, i have skinny feet and when i do tried to wear flats like ballerina or other style i don't feel comfortable, most of the times the shoes ended up hurting the back of my foot or the edge of the outer sides hurts the bulky leg and foot joint if that makes sense LOL
and i don't really enjoy wearing sandals too because my foot skin is pretty sensitive

anyone is with me on this ? and what do you think about this? do you think it's weird to see women in warmer climate wearing shorts or summer dresses with boots?

these are some of images i found on the net to give some idea

Attachments

• 073.jpeg
    073.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 433
  • boots1.jpeg
    boots1.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,191
  • dress-and-boots-1.jpeg
    dress-and-boots-1.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5,660
  • kirstendunst.jpeg
    kirstendunst.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 579
  • ORNS.png
    ORNS.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 436
  • rachel-bilson-breakfast-in-hollywood-2.jpeg
    rachel-bilson-breakfast-in-hollywood-2.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 462
  • summer-boots-07062010005-430x591.jpeg
    summer-boots-07062010005-430x591.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 579
I don't think it is weird. Actually several men I know have commented this is sexy. One of my guys friends is obsessed with the look of shorts with cowboy style boots in the summer:smile: I personally am going to try and pull off the summer dress with boots look this year when it gets warmer:smile:

I live in FL and its warm most of the year and I do love my boots but I hate how sweaty my feet get when I wear boots even at nite in the summer so I do pumps way more often. When its cooler in the winter I wear boots a lot but what I cant get over is how I'll see other girls in like July wearing Uggs and I'm just like OMG how gross do your feet get in those LOL

I wear boots, long and short with dresses all the time. I live in California so it fits perfectly :smile:

Missrocks said:
I don't think it is weird. Actually several men I know have commented this is sexy. One of my guys friends is obsessed with the look of shorts with cowboy style boots in the summer:smile: I personally am going to try and pull off the summer dress with boots look this year when it gets warmer:smile:

I think this has just gotten tacky. I used to always wear cowboy boots with shorts--but this was like my first year of college about 4-5 years ago. Now I think it just looks cliché and overdone.

thanks :smile: i just love wearing summer dress with boots, it'w weird though that i don't get cold easily but i do have cold feet (literally) so i love wearing something warmer on my feet

I live in FL and its warm most of the year and I do love my boots but I hate how sweaty my feet get when I wear boots even at nite in the summer so I do pumps way more often. When its cooler in the winter I wear boots a lot but what I cant get over is how I'll see other girls in like July wearing Uggs and I'm just like OMG how gross do your feet get in those LOL

oh i have to be with you on Uggs in summer

I wear boots, long and short with dresses all the time. I live in California so it fits perfectly :smile:

glad to hear you doing that too :smile:

I wouldn't do it personally because the tropics is just too warm for me but it does look good on some who do. I do find it a little odd to see knee highs in 30degC weather but if the heat doesn't bother the wearer, it doesn't bother me.

I wear my knee high boots only in winter and horse riding.