Warm Taupe

Hippolyta

O.G.
Dec 28, 2010
Looking for some help understanding this beautiful and interesting color. Is it greige? Does it have a purple undertone? Is it a true neutral? Based on all the photos I've seen, it seems to be a chameleon.

Please share any descriptions, thoughts, impressions, etc. of Dior warm taupe. What colors in your wardrobe does it go with? What does it clash with? Do you find it easy to style? Anything...

Thanks!

Looking for some help understanding this beautiful and interesting color. Is it greige? Does it have a purple undertone? Is it a true neutral? Based on all the photos I've seen, it seems to be a chameleon.

Please share any descriptions, thoughts, impressions, etc. of Dior warm taupe. What colors in your wardrobe does it go with? What does it clash with? Do you find it easy to style? Anything...

Thanks!
hmm i'll probably describe it as medium brown with a bit of a blush tinge and possibly a little bit of grey mixed in. i don't think it's greige (to me greige is grey base with some brown/beige mixed, whereas the warm taupe has a brown base). it doesn't appear to me to have a purple undertone. it goes well with black, dark brown, beige, navy, khaki/olive, burgundy but don't think it really goes with cool colours like grey, light blue. it probably can go with pink and red (other than neon/bright of course). its a really beautiful, classic colour and easy to style (unless your wardrobe is predominantly cool/bright colours).

hmm i'll probably describe it as medium brown with a bit of a blush tinge and possibly a little bit of grey mixed in. i don't think it's greige (to me greige is grey base with some brown/beige mixed, whereas the warm taupe has a brown base). it doesn't appear to me to have a purple undertone. it goes well with black, dark brown, beige, navy, khaki/olive, burgundy but don't think it really goes with cool colours like grey, light blue. it probably can go with pink and red (other than neon/bright of course). its a really beautiful, classic colour and easy to style (unless your wardrobe is predominantly cool/bright colours).
Thank you for such a thoughtful and thorough response! This is super-helpful.

I bought mine last year, and had did a reveal posting (see attached link) with photos in it. The color on the photos are quite realistic in real life so you may check it out just for your reference :smile:

Thank you! Warm taupe looks so different in every picture. It's so helpful to know that those pics you shared are pretty accurate. It's a beautiful color, and your Lady Dior is gorgeous!

Reactions: beyondbeing

Thanks!
I’ll be the naysayer here and say that I did not like this color. War Taupe comes across darker than the website photos, IMHO. I purchased it in the Bobby with grained calfskin last year. Warm Taupe on the grained leather was giving me mousy brown with purple tones, so it was not my cup of tea. I prefer more gold/beige/caramel tones in general.

I also did not love it against my wardrobe of ivory/creams, medium blues, emerald green, and red, plus an occasional bright fuchsia or yellow. It looked too dark for my taste, so I knew I needed to go with a different color and more beige. If the Warm Taupe looked like it does in the website, all the time, I’d be sold. The color changes in different lighting, so that may appeal to you!

Does anyone know if dior restocks pieces (bags, pouches and SLGs) in this warm taupe color? Is it a permanent color? Or is it gone once the pieces are sold out?
Warm Taupe is a seasonal color. I do not believe Dior restocks seasonal colors, unless they decide to bring them back in a later season.

Reactions: Hippolyta
Does anyone know if dior restocks pieces (bags, pouches and SLGs) in this warm taupe color? Is it a permanent color? Or is it gone once the pieces are sold out?
Not sure if it will be restocked but it is still available. I still see it online and I was able to get one through a Dior boutique late last week. When I asked my SA about it she said there were still around 20 of the small Lady Dior in the system.

I’ll be the naysayer here and say that I did not like this color. War Taupe comes across darker than the website photos, IMHO. I purchased it in the Bobby with grained calfskin last year. Warm Taupe on the grained leather was giving me mousy brown with purple tones, so it was not my cup of tea. I prefer more gold/beige/caramel tones in general.

I also did not love it against my wardrobe of ivory/creams, medium blues, emerald green, and red, plus an occasional bright fuchsia or yellow. It looked too dark for my taste, so I knew I needed to go with a different color and more beige. If the Warm Taupe looked like it does in the website, all the time, I’d be sold. The color changes in different lighting, so that may appeal to you!

Warm Taupe is a seasonal color. I do not believe Dior restocks seasonal colors, unless they decide to bring them back in a later season.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Interestingly, your observations suggest it might be a good color for me. I love my rich, warm browns, but would love to add a cooler toned brown as an option. And I don't think I'd mind it darker as I'd be more prone to wear it year round. I was trying to convince myself the beige was a good option, but it just looks too yellow for me. I guess the only way I'll know is to give it a try and see how it works in my wardrobe.

Reactions: nekostar0412
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Interestingly, your observations suggest it might be a good color for me. I love my rich, warm browns, but would love to add a cooler toned brown as an option. And I don't think I'd mind it darker as I'd be more prone to wear it year round. I was trying to convince myself the beige was a good option, but it just looks too yellow for me. I guess the only way I'll know is to give it a try and see how it works in my wardrobe.
there's a new colour hazelnut which is sort of in between warm taupe and natural/beige. it is more brown than natural/beige (has less yellow undertone) but not as dark and rich as warm taupe. i personally think warm taupe is a more unique colour but hazelnut is also a lovely colour and might work for you if you're looking for a cooler toned brown.

there's a new colour hazelnut which is sort of in between warm taupe and natural/beige. it is more brown than natural/beige (has less yellow undertone) but not as dark and rich as warm taupe. i personally think warm taupe is a more unique colour but hazelnut is also a lovely colour and might work for you if you're looking for a cooler toned brown.
Ooooh...thanks! Will have to go check it out.