Wardrobe Makeover £200 Maximum

Oct 16, 2008
I need some advice as I wan't to buy 2-3 really good long lasting items that won't date and I won't get sick of.

I am UK size 14-16 and will be 23. I would like to dress more girly and think about what I'm buying instead of impulsing and getting things that aren't me. I want to kick the casual dresser out and get a more updated feminine look.

I have set myself a budget. What would you buy for £200?

Would it be a bag, piece of jewellery or a watch or clothes?

For that much, you can probably get a couple of pieces by Theory - I find their sizing runs a bit larger, so you may have to go down a size. Theory makes a lot of classic staple clothes so you can mix and match with your existing wardrobe. There is also Max Studio that makes a lot of feminine dresses, skirts and tops - I recommend from the boutique rather than a department store. There is a lot more variety and better quality clothing at the boutique rather than the StudioM stuff.

Today I purchased a grey agate bracelet, fuchsia square neck top, Angel Jackson bamboo coloured snake skin clutch and a Chanel polish (tendresse 507).

Still to buy, Chanel inspired cardigan and grey agate necklace.

Hi OP,

Are you looking to update your wardrobe for work or for weekends? Since you are in UK I would recommend Warehouse and Oasis - they do great quality and flattering pieces which look expensive but are really quite affordable.

With £200 you could get a pencil skirt, a couple of silk blouses, a full skirt, and could squeeze in some nice leather ballet flats. Some skinny and wide belts from Forever 21 could also update your wardrobe nicely without having to splash out lots of cash.

Hi OP,

Are you looking to update your wardrobe for work or for weekends? Since you are in UK I would recommend Warehouse and Oasis - they do great quality and flattering pieces which look expensive but are really quite affordable.

With £200 you could get a pencil skirt, a couple of silk blouses, a full skirt, and could squeeze in some nice leather ballet flats. Some skinny and wide belts from Forever 21 could also update your wardrobe nicely without having to splash out lots of cash.

Hi,

I am wanting something for weekends. I didn't think of Oasis, I'll have a look. What brand of ballet flats do you think and in what colour?

French Sole would be my top pick! May be over budget though... As an alternative you could try Primark. They do real leather ballet flats at £4-10 which are nicely designed. Of course quality would not hold up as well, but if you spray some waterproofing spray on them once a while, they hold up pretty decently, and the price! Hope that helps! :smile:

Forgot to add, I would start with a basic black pair, then a nude/beige one for lighter coloured outfits. With more capacity and for a splash of colour I would go red, or gold or silver which match virtually any colour.

French Sole would be my top pick! May be over budget though... As an alternative you could try Primark. They do real leather ballet flats at £4-10 which are nicely designed. Of course quality would not hold up as well, but if you spray some waterproofing spray on them once a while, they hold up pretty decently, and the price! Hope that helps! :smile:

I really like the quilted designs French Sole do. Only problem is which size to get as I am a UK size 6 (US size 9) and French Sole shoes come up small sometimes. Will have a look again at the other styles they do.

I am thinking about buying a couple more items of clothes and these sandals imgM_S-COBRSST_Cobra_Silver.jpg

At the moment I have a pair of black pair of Geox's so I could add a neutral pump from French Sole for the summer and I was thinking about adding a pair of silver sandals and add more things throughout the year.