Wardrobe and loosing weight??

Firefly32

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
I am feeling really frustrated because I have been loosing weight and need to continue to keep dropping due high blood pressure and cholesterol. I need to drop at least a couple of sizes and have dropped one size already. Summer is coming and nothing fits from last year at all over the winter it was easy just to wear jeans and sweats besides my work wardrobe. I don't want to spend a fortune on clothes but still want to look good while I am dropping, so any ideas for me???

Thanks in advance :smile:

Congrats on your weight loss! That is awesome! I totally understand I went through that phase myself. It is easier in the Winter. I would buy some cheapie Forever 21 Old Navy Spring SUmmery dresses that you can wear with cardis and belts. That should take you through Summer and perhaps you can wear the jeans with cheapie tops as well. Hope this helps

Mmmm. My mom is in the exact same dilemma but she's moving and wants to have her weight off by the time she gets all settled in. Therefore she wants this huge shopping spree at the end of summer.

I would say use the jeans you have and then go to forever21 (I don't know what size you are but I know select locations (and online) have their faith line which is plus) and buy some cute floral fancy tank tops. C-Russe has great summer dresses. You could always go and buy some short sleeve v-necks at old navy and then add jewelry and scarves? Have fun with it! There are tons of inexpensive stores.. I also suggest to buy tons of solids because people tend to not notice you have worn that piece versus some paisley print. You know?

Keep us updated. !

I agree with everyone else. Also make Ross, TJ Maxx, and inexpensive clothing stores (they're called $5 store or some variation out here), and Walmart your best friends. Quality shouldn't be a huge issue if you are dropping weight anyways, IMO.

I'm not sure about your preference/wardrobe needs (are you a jeans person or dresses/skirts/etc?)

Jeans - Jeggings are an excellent option
Dresses/skirts - Body con stuff will work the same way

As other people mentioned, Forever 21, H&M, places like that will give you the trendy pieces without the heavy price tags. Also try clearance stuff online like Macy's, Nordstroms, and Express...

Target has quality stuff that is relatively inexpensive too...

I totally understand where you're coming from. I hit my 100lb lost mark this past weekend... the loss was over the last 2yrs. I cannot tell you how much money I've wasted on clothing while downsizing...

Thanks for the responses so far. I don't have a preference really I love jeans, skirts dresses and like to look girly :smile:.

I am currently a size 12 right now and plan on dropping down to at least a 6 or 8 and then maintain from there.

Ohh okay, so you aren't a plus size? Wasn't sure, that's a "plus"! Haha... I received the victoria secret catalogue yesterday and they had tons of 2 for "$20" deals and then some 2 for $40 deals (I am eyeing up this one-shoulder t-shirt). That's pretty reasonable. Here is what I suggest for an outfit.

Jeans/Shorts
V-Neck Tee Shirt
Colorful floral scarf
A cute ring
Set of bangles
& Fancy heels/gladiator sandals/flip flops, whatever you're comfortable in.

Most of that stuff you can get at Forever21 for maybe a total sum of $70.

There are so many different combinations you can do.. plus, in summer most people don't get all decked out because it gets extremely hot. lol

I'm a size 14, and loosing weight as well. I now fit into some 12's.
What I do, is when I come across a piece I REALLY like, I make sure it's material can be altered/tapered in so when I lose the weight I can still wear it.

Congrats! That's amazing! Old Navy (when you use their weekly coupon) is great. I'm also a big fan of Target. These are just transitory clothes for you. Is there an outlet center near you? I would also try NM Last Call, Saks Off 5th and Nordstrom Rack if need some nicer stuff for summer events. :smile:

I'm not sure about your preference/wardrobe needs (are you a jeans person or dresses/skirts/etc?)

Jeans - Jeggings are an excellent option
Dresses/skirts - Body con stuff will work the same way

As other people mentioned, Forever 21, H&M, places like that will give you the trendy pieces without the heavy price tags. Also try clearance stuff online like Macy's, Nordstroms, and Express...

Target has quality stuff that is relatively inexpensive too...

I totally understand where you're coming from. I hit my 100lb lost mark this past weekend... the loss was over the last 2yrs. I cannot tell you how much money I've wasted on clothing while downsizing...

omg PurseAddict i had no idea you'd lost 100lbs! congratulations on your accomplishment!! \(^(oo)^)/

i experienced the same scenario with weight loss, though i only dropped ~30lbs, since i'm petite that took me from a M to an XXS (>(oo)<)` for a time i just wore my jeans loose, and i definitely bought mostly stretchy knits during the in-between period, which helped a lot b/c they usually have pretty decent drape even when they're loose; i have many "work" tops that i wear under blazers that used to be "going out" tops, but now that they're looser they work just fine for day wear

Op, Welcome to my world and congrats!!!! I've gone from a 12/14 to a 6/8 and its a pita bc i have alot of expensive designer jeans that are a 10 now, that I already had tailored when i first lost weight from 14 to 10...and now gotta do it again!.

i would suggest buy 1 or 2 cheap pants from Old Navy, or Forever21 and a couple of cute tops you can mix and match. at least your pocketbook wont take such a hit when you keep dropping weight and have to donate clothing.

I've lost about 16 lbs so far, and Forever 21 has become my friend during this time! I don't feel as bad when my jeans from there get too big because I only paid $15 for them. I love jeggings as well, as someone else mentioned. And I live for items with stretchy material.

omg PurseAddict i had no idea you'd lost 100lbs! congratulations on your accomplishment!! \(^(oo)^)/

i experienced the same scenario with weight loss, though i only dropped ~30lbs, since i'm petite that took me from a M to an XXS (>(oo)<)` for a time i just wore my jeans loose, and i definitely bought mostly stretchy knits during the in-between period, which helped a lot b/c they usually have pretty decent drape even when they're loose; i have many "work" tops that i wear under blazers that used to be "going out" tops, but now that they're looser they work just fine for day wear

Thank you! OMG. I can't imagine you 30lbs heavier. Congrats to you!! :hugs: My goal is to end up looking like you... :smile:

To everyone else here that has lost weight CONGRATULATIONS. It isn't easy, thats for sure!

OP everyone's suggestions are fantastic. Basically, you just need to become a bargain shopper. Worry less about the label, more about the look. Who cares if it isn't going to last but one season; by the time you're ready to wear it the next season it will be too big anyway :biggrin: