Wanting to sell some bags, but need your expert advice.

milonguera

Apr 24, 2006
Sigh.

First, I haven't been on tPF consistently for over 2 years. Why? I had a kiddo and was (self-imposed) banned from all fancy bags. And have been living with plastic lined diaper bags. Oy.

Second, the temptation here is just too much.

How much, too much?

In November I went to Vegas with my husband and convinced him I NEEDED the green Chloe Heloise. :smile: He agreed. I had stalked it here and I blame you fine ladies. He's willing to support my habit, I am not.

Anyway, it's time to downsize and I have a couple of bags to sell. I read the nightmares of eBay here, I don't think I can sell there. Bonanzle gets better reviews, but I am unsure.

What is your advice to a gal that hasn't been on tPF as much as she should and doesn't have a profile for selling on Bonanzle either. Meaning, if anyone saw me they wouldn't "trust" me by name.

Ugh, this is frustrating. It's bad enough to get rid of some of my babies, it's worse to feel like I don't have a venue to do it.

Any advice?

The average for consignment shops are about 45-50% of the price they sell, IF it sells. I have many items that have been sitting in one of the shops, mostly they're priced too high, IMO.

The average for consignment shops are about 45-50% of the price they sell, IF it sells. I have many items that have been sitting in one of the shops, mostly they're priced too high, IMO.

I just called two in Chicago and got basically that same information.

Bah.

Frustrating.

And I have now read and caught up with the nightmares that are selling on eBay and :crybaby:.

Thanks again for your input. I really do appreciate it.

I bought them as investments to use with the hopes when I was done with them I could get back a good percentage of their price. I realize that's a gamble and how many of us did that in the real estate market lately, too.

But man, what the heck happened to the venues for selling bags??? Too many scammers.

I was able to sell some items on Bonanzle with no prior history there. Mine weren't very pricey though. It doesn't cost anything to try, but you may have to wait a bit for some action.

I was able to sell some items on Bonanzle with no prior history there. Mine weren't very pricey though. It doesn't cost anything to try, but you may have to wait a bit for some action.

That's encouraging.

If a buyer there is a member here that would be a step in the right direction I guess. At least I went back and saw my posts here about buying my bags when I did it. One made me laugh because I remember the day walking out of Nieman's with it. :biggrin:

Farking diaper bags.

Alrighty, enough drooling in the other forums, I need to take a shower.

I have not get any luck with Bonanzle. I think just give Bonanzle a try What about craigslist? Craigslist does not cost anything either. Can you sell your bags to your friend who might be interested?

I have not get any luck with Bonanzle. I think just give Bonanzle a try What about craigslist? Craigslist does not cost anything either. Can you sell your bags to your friend who might be interested?

Craigslist made me giggle because I searched for them this morning to see if ANYONE was selling my bags there. Uh, no.

Lord.

I am starting to think I would be better off selling kid toys on Craigslist to clean stuff out than a few bags.

I was able to sell a Marc Jacobs Stella a while ago but that was a lucky find based on someone looking for what I had before I wanted to sell mine. And I remembered her.

Thanks again for the ideas, it's given me food for thought if nothing else.