Wanting to be tickled pink!

GAMOGIRL

O.G.
Aug 28, 2006
I would love to add some pink to my collection! My favorite colors are rose shocking and rose sherazade but as a very recent hermes buyer, those are not available in the boutique. Have been stalking pictures of rose pourpre for the past year and still can't quite put my finger on it--is it more purple, as it seems in togo or more pink, like Ive seen in pictures? I even bought carmens in both RP and rose shocking (very lucky to find:smile: and there the RP definitely looks purple, so I decided no RP for me...THEN, I see all these pictures on posts here which makes RP seem pink so now I am confused! Not to mention, the new spring 2018 color magnolia--which seems like the hot pink of rose shocking that I am after, but not as deep of a pink...maybe more rose azalea? Can someone please help me sort out all these beautiful pink/purple shades?

Reactions: dharma and susanq
smallfry, yes RA is lovely! I want a more saturated/jewel tone pink though...forget to mention, I am thinking of this in a clutch and that rose tyrien is also a love:smile:
Ahhhh, the thrill of the hunt! You've got a job on your hands--Hermes does great pinks (and blues!) I know rose shocking is currently available in SLG's and clutches (I recently bought a jige in rose shocking chevre). I also have numerous rose pourpre SLG's. They are both gorgeous pinks but RP definitely leans toward purple. Yet, I passed on a RP jige because it was too close for comfort to the rose shocking jige I'd already bought. Go figure. Regardless, don't settle for just any pink. Hermes reinvents their color palette so often that it's only a matter of time before the perfect pink emerges for you.

Reactions: Mayfly285
staceylyn, a jige in rose shocking chèvre sounds dreamy...except I like a bit more structure to my clutches, so thinking of a kelly cut in this elusive hot pink. Of course, kelly cuts are super hard to come by, BUT my DH was offered a SO at the FSH in late November...I asked for a kelly 28 in noir chèvre, but wondering if I can/should ask to change over to a pink kelly cut as that seems harder to get "off the shelf"? Do you guys think this is even possible or will the SA laugh at me (not that I would mind as long as get the "yes"!

Israeli_Flava, that magnolia birkin is T.D.F.!!! You really think it is very close to rose shocking?? If so and I could get the kelly cut in that color with GHW, I would definitely be ticked beyond pink;)

Reactions: susanq
staceylyn, a jige in rose shocking chèvre sounds dreamy...except I like a bit more structure to my clutches, so thinking of a kelly cut in this elusive hot pink. Of course, kelly cuts are super hard to come by, BUT my DH was offered a SO at the FSH in late November...I asked for a kelly 28 in noir chèvre, but wondering if I can/should ask to change over to a pink kelly cut as that seems harder to get "off the shelf"? Do you guys think this is even possible or will the SA laugh at me (not that I would mind as long as get the "yes"!

Israeli_Flava, that magnolia birkin is T.D.F.!!! You really think it is very close to rose shocking?? If so and I could get the kelly cut in that color with GHW, I would definitely be ticked beyond pink;)
It never hurts to ask!

Reactions: Mayfly285
Hmmm....i have RP b25 and people usually comment "oh what a pretty pink bag!!"....i don't see much purple...i know it's there somewhere but I may not be that color sensitive.
View attachment 3943947View attachment 3943948
Your RP B is gorgeous! I just turned one down (25 is just too small for me) and I'm crossing my fingers for a 30 or 35 to come along. As a stand-alone color, RP does look pink. But put RP next to Rose Shocking and you will definitely see just how purple the RP is.

Your RP B is gorgeous! I just turned one down (25 is just too small for me) and I'm crossing my fingers for a 30 or 35 to come along. As a stand-alone color, RP does look pink. But put RP next to Rose Shocking and you will definitely see just how purple the RP is.
Ahhhh...yes the only other pink bag I have is Bougainville....i should compare.

My favorite pink is Rose scheherazade, however I do not want an alligator or croc bag in this color. So, rose poupre is the perfect alternative. I adore this color. Here are some comparisons for you with tosca and rose scheherazade; then compared to Iris a true purple....

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,064
  • IMG_0203 (1).jpg
    IMG_0203 (1).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 2,047
  • IMG_0205 (1).jpg
    IMG_0205 (1).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,978
I am not a pink person. I don't get the color, but I bought a zip pouch in RP and to me it looks purple. It has a BE interior, so maybe that's why? Also I bought a RA jige and fell in love. No idea why, but it isn't too bright or too pink. I can't explain it. It look amazing with green and blues and cool colors. It's the perfect lighter pink. I thought I would like RC when it came out and everyone was obsessed, but I am much much much more of a fan of RA. UGH. Maybe I am turning to a pink girl. I think RM is gorgeous and perfect for you. It is much more hot pink than RA.

Reactions: BBC
I think ehy12’s second picture is a closer representation of RP than the first. I tried taking some comparison pics just now and I’m sorry if they are not as distinctive as they should be, indoor lighting isn’t fantastic. First one is Shocking chèvre against Pourpre ostrich, second pic is Azalea, Shocking and Pourpre. I’m waiting for my Scheherazade B30 still and have been wondering how close it is to pourpre. To my eyes, pourpre is more magenta (stronger blue undertones) and Shocking is more fuschia, if that makes any sense. I’m guessing magnolia will be a lighter, brighter magenta. Azalea is a completely different pink. It’s more of a sweet pink, not as intense as shocking or pourpre.
3528E508-BB75-4F59-BF6A-938F0CECC2A3.jpeg 0607B59C-1B2A-4C87-B796-209FA5A05F2B.jpeg

Last edited: