wanting input

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was told by a colleague, that a mutual acquaintance considered me to be without guile. I am sort of non-plussed what to think of this statement. I do admit to being a little weirded out that I was talked about and then left wondering what it was about my behavior that led him to believe that. The colleague who told me this was female and the one who said it (me being without guile" is an older male.

what do you think?

2. Assuming the person who told you that knows the meaning of the word, that's a good thing, isn't it? Someone with guile is cunning, or carefully deceptive I believe. So I'd consider it a compliment that you are straight-forward and above-board in your interactions with others.

What do you think he meant by it?

3. I would take it he means you are innocent and frank, or naive. Being guile is not a good thing anyway, it means one is deceitful and sly.