Wanted to share a pic of My mom's LV coin purse

Adrianna, I just spent the past hour reading your David's story at caringbridge. I cried and cheered and finally cried some more. You write so eloquently. What a beautiful legacy to your son and your mother. At first I could not understand why God would be so cruel to take her from you when you needed her most. But now I understand perfectly. She went because David needed her there in heaven to prepare his place and welcome him with open arms when the time came. I can picture them there playing catch and being silly just as you said they did. It must bring you great comfort to know that they are together.
The picture of your Mom's little purse struck me.....you know, these new heart coin purses that LV has....some say they are useless. Your Mom's little purse gave me an idea and now I know EXACTLY what I will do with my LV heart coin purse. I am not a grandmother yet, and won't be for a very long time, but I have a 5 year old son(I have a Nathan too!), and I am going to use mine in a similar way with him as your Mom did for David. Maybe one day he will come across it when he is grown and it will bring back fond memories for him as your Mother's does for you!
You are right, it is not always just about being spoiled and the quest for material goods.
Thank you Adrianna for being a member here at tPF, please keep coming by and sharing with us!

Thank you so much Cyndee. I too believe my mom had to go and wait for my baby so he wouldn't be alone in Heaven. I miss them everyday. Thanks for reading my journal. It was 7 years of tough times and good times too. I learned a lot about myself and how strong I could be.

I am so glad you are going to put good use to your coin purse! It will be a treasure for your son when he gets older.

Adrianna

Thank you so much Cyndee. I too believe my mom had to go and wait for my baby so he wouldn't be alone in Heaven. I miss them everyday. Thanks for reading my journal. It was 7 years of tough times and good times too. I learned a lot about myself and how strong I could be.

I am so glad you are going to put good use to your coin purse! It will be a treasure for your son when he gets older.

Adrianna

Yes! It's so incredibly clear there in your story. It almost seemed unbelievable. It's hard, I know....your whole life was consumed by David and his treatments and now it's over. Please remember to take good care of you and to not try to be too hard on yourself right now. It's going to take a long time to adjust. You'll never really totally recover, but you have found a wonderful way to keep them both close at all times.
You definately reminded me too to hug my children alittle closer today and tomorrow too. We never know what tomorrow will bring.

I read through your website. I admit I cried.
I cannot comprehend that you lost two beautiful people in less than a year.
I pray that you stay well and have strength through this time.
Sending love and hugs from Oregon ...el

welcome to tPF! :flowers: and wow, thank you so much for sharing your story about the coin purse. my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. you must be such a strong woman! i followed the link and read a bit of your journal. i don't know what to say..all i know is that after reading it, i am reminded how i need to quit stressing over all the little things and just take time to really appreciate the important people in my life (husband, family, etc). thank you again for sharing your story.

Dranna - I read your website, and I cannot even begin to imagine how you survived the struggle and then the loss of your mother and your beautiful son. Thank you for sharing your story. My prayers are with you.:heart:

I thank you all for all the kind thoughts and prayers. It has been a tough road and I am far from fine but I know eventually I will come to a place of peace. You all are wonderful people and I appreciate everyone who took the time to read my journal.

Adrianna

Thank you for the reminder that every day is precious and every loved one is here but for a fleeting moment.
Thank you for your story and your ability to find something good to discuss in what must be a very trying time for you and your family.
I will definitely say a prayer for you but I'm sure you'll be fine...you have plenty of angels!