Wanted @ the outlets!!

Thanks baglady for all your info! I actually just called my local outlet and gave them the style number and the SA said they don't start selling the newer bags if they're still available in the stores until 3-6 months after they're no longer available. I'm confused! I saw a ton of ergo hobos on Fri in the outlet and I know they're still in the stores! :confused1:

The retail bags that show up at the outlets come from different sources, but the truth actually is they start transferring the bags that will be deleted from the next floorset and online even before that date it gets discontinued. It starts happening slowly, and I don't know how to predict where/when it will happen. I've asked, but nobody seems to know. However, most of the "to be deleted" items are consolidated and shipped off right after the website changes. I've been beefing up my collection for the past 3 months this way, as there were a lot of bags I wanted but didn't want to pay retail or even PCE at the time. So I waited...but you have to time it right, or trust them to call you if you get on the list for the items. Most of the deleted items arrive at the outlet within several days to 2 weeks after they have been deleted from the website. A lot of the bags are already redlined once they hit the outlets too...so for me, if it's not a bag I "have to have", I just wait, get on lists, and then get it later on. I'm sure in some cases they save overstock for months or whatever, or at least you will see periodic runs with certain styles in certain colors... but I think that's also because some places keep the stuff for longer. Or they don't ship out their returns right away. I noticed here at SHort Hills, they had a lot of bags and wallets still on the floor that I had been snatching up at the outlets for at least a week prior. If it's a hot item, it may never make it to the outlet, or do so in small quantities in certain areas...or even over a year down the line. The Carly is an example of a bag that took forever to make it to the outlet...because it was so popular. They also don't move JAX overstock out to the outlets right away always either. SOmetimes months later you can still get a bag that's already had an outlet run prior to that.

As for other sources, some of the retail bags that show up at outlets are specifically returns. In an area like central PA, up until now, there has been no retail venue (although BonTon has recently added retail Coach). So people would either go to KOP or order online, and then return to the outlets there because it's far more convenient. I've nabbed some really great bags that way, and sometimes they are in the back. I had them bring the ones in the back out for me to look at.

They also get display or regular transfers. I know Reading picks up a lot of KOP transfers, for example. If the bag has a brown tag attached to the hang tag ball chain, it was a display model. Some have varying degrees of use for that, as they bring bags in and out of rotation while the bag is current to the line and on the floor...so in theory you could purchase a "new" bag that was a display for a while at a particular boutique if they put that bag back in the back stock room for sale (which they sometimes do). THis is why sometimes the white retail tags are not attached...or they are attached on the inside zipper pocket. Some of the display bags at the outlet were not in such great shape this weekend.

Last edited:
Oh, there's also an Ellie at Lancaster. It's not all leather, though....natural with white trim. They keep it in the back. I'm trying to remember the number...something like 18 out of 40, but the 18 might be wrong. I wasn't interested in that color, so I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Back from the outlets and it was re done!! I scored a Lily, there were some Leighs, rose, platnium, and metallic some legacy shoulder bags, lilys pleater ergo, in white and denim, and turquoise, metallic, and white french purses. The rest were all factory bags. They did have a rose pleater hobo oh and patent plum and blue sophies.

The retail bags that show up at the outlets come from different sources, but the truth actually is they start transferring the bags that will be deleted from the next floorset and online even before that date it gets discontinued. It starts happening slowly, and I don't know how to predict where/when it will happen. I've asked, but nobody seems to know. However, most of the "to be deleted" items are consolidated and shipped off right after the website changes. I've been beefing up my collection for the past 3 months this way, as there were a lot of bags I wanted but didn't want to pay retail or even PCE at the time. So I waited...but you have to time it right, or trust them to call you if you get on the list for the items. Most of the deleted items arrive at the outlet within several days to 2 weeks after they have been deleted from the website. A lot of the bags are already redlined once they hit the outlets too...so for me, if it's not a bag I "have to have", I just wait, get on lists, and then get it later on. I'm sure in some cases they save overstock for months or whatever, or at least you will see periodic runs with certain styles in certain colors... but I think that's also because some places keep the stuff for longer. Or they don't ship out their returns right away. I noticed here at SHort Hills, they had a lot of bags and wallets still on the floor that I had been snatching up at the outlets for at least a week prior. If it's a hot item, it may never make it to the outlet, or do so in small quantities in certain areas...or even over a year down the line. The Carly is an example of a bag that took forever to make it to the outlet...because it was so popular. They also don't move JAX overstock out to the outlets right away always either. SOmetimes months later you can still get a bag that's already had an outlet run prior to that.

As for other sources, some of the retail bags that show up at outlets are specifically returns. In an area like central PA, up until now, there has been no retail venue (although BonTon has recently added retail Coach). So people would either go to KOP or order online, and then return to the outlets there because it's far more convenient. I've nabbed some really great bags that way, and sometimes they are in the back. I had them bring the ones in the back out for me to look at.

They also get display or regular transfers. I know Reading picks up a lot of KOP transfers, for example. If the bag has a brown tag attached to the hang tag ball chain, it was a display model. Some have varying degrees of use for that, as they bring bags in and out of rotation while the bag is current to the line and on the floor...so in theory you could purchase a "new" bag that was a display for a while at a particular boutique if they put that bag back in the back stock room for sale (which they sometimes do). THis is why sometimes the white retail tags are not attached...or they are attached on the inside zipper pocket. Some of the display bags at the outlet were not in such great shape this weekend.

Thanks for all that info baglady! You are quite knowledgeable! (btw-what does KOP stand for?). Anyway, I'm not sure I can wait until the outlets carry my HS small satchel. It's still on the website. Maybe I should wait for the next PCE. I just purchased an ergo tote on Friday @ the outlets...I think that is TOO soon for another bag! I just realized I needed a small bag to run errands with and the ergo tote is too big. I always need a purpose for each bag (my ergo tote is my Fall bag for work ;)). I'll figure it out. But in the meantime...thanks again for the info!!!:ty:

Oh, there's also an Ellie at Lancaster. It's not all leather, though....natural with white trim. They keep it in the back. I'm trying to remember the number...something like 18 out of 40, but the 18 might be wrong. I wasn't interested in that color, so I didn't pay a lot of attention.

:wtf: Wow, I didn't think anything from the Bleecker store would show up at the outlets ever...I wonder if it was a return. I'd LOVE to find a Delphine there...prefereably for about 50% off :P-I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

How sad am I? I may be on bed rest from surgey but I could not take another thread of you ladies getting great deals! LOL! I sent my BF to San Marcos. They had the slew of Hamptons from 20-50 percent off and even the pleated ergos for 30% off. He said he got me a bag but I only sent him to get me the breast cancer charm and apple lanyard for my son's teacher for Christmas. He sent me a pic of the crowd...insane amount of ppl standing in line!!! EEEK! Now I'm just patiently awaiting what my bf got me!!! Yippee!

How sad am I? I may be on bed rest from surgey but I could not take another thread of you ladies getting great deals! LOL! I sent my BF to San Marcos. They had the slew of Hamptons from 20-50 percent off and even the pleated ergos for 30% off. He said he got me a bag but I only sent him to get me the breast cancer charm and apple lanyard for my son's teacher for Christmas. He sent me a pic of the crowd...insane amount of ppl standing in line!!! EEEK! Now I'm just patiently awaiting what my bf got me!!! Yippee!

Omg--- you have the sweetest BF ever! Can't wait to see what he got you! Hope you feel better real soon...:flowers:

:wtf: Wow, I didn't think anything from the Bleecker store would show up at the outlets ever...I wonder if it was a return. I'd LOVE to find a Delphine there...prefereably for about 50% off :P-I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

They had several items, actually. I bought a Josie for my Peyton there. They also had some of the new stuff, and usually it is from returns. That area does not have the retail options that we do here, so people usually return the stuff to the outlets when they order or buy at KOP. AC also had a couple of Ellies. Problem is they are never the colors I want!

Aww, that is SO sweet! Your BF is the best!! There are not many men who would endure long lines at a Coach store!! I'm so happy that you were able to cash in on the deals...congrats and ENJOY!!

Thanks for all that info baglady! You are quite knowledgeable! (btw-what does KOP stand for?). Anyway, I'm not sure I can wait until the outlets carry my HS small satchel. It's still on the website. Maybe I should wait for the next PCE. I just purchased an ergo tote on Friday @ the outlets...I think that is TOO soon for another bag! I just realized I needed a small bag to run errands with and the ergo tote is too big. I always need a purpose for each bag (my ergo tote is my Fall bag for work ;)). I'll figure it out. But in the meantime...thanks again for the info!!!:ty:
Vivi, KOP stands for King of Prussia Mall . It's in PA near Philadelphia