WANTED: Opinions on the Perfect Nude Leather Pump!

caitvee

Feb 25, 2012
Hi All!

Trying to decide what classic nude leather pump to go with, and wanted to solicit feedback! These are what I'm deciding between:

Attachments

• NMX321H_mk.jpg
    NMX321H_mk.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 448
  • NMX2TZ9_mk.jpg
    NMX2TZ9_mk.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 462
  • NMX1CFM_mk.jpg
    NMX1CFM_mk.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 474
I have shoes from all three. CL is questionable for comfort, and the D'orsay design may date them. But they are very pretty. I have a 5" pair of Choo's that is wonderful. The design here is very pointy and may date. But they are also very pretty. MB's are my favorite for comfort. Of your choices, the MB pair is most classic looking and is my favorite.

Now...to muddy your waters...I have a nude Prada pump in an almost patent saffiano which is my go-to for a comfortable nude classic. It's shiny yet doesn't scream "patent". The toe is on the pointy side, but not like a needle point. I just love that shoe. Please update with your choice!

I have shoes from all three. CL is questionable for comfort, and the D'orsay design may date them. But they are very pretty. I have a 5" pair of Choo's that is wonderful. The design here is very pointy and may date. But they are also very pretty. MB's are my favorite for comfort. Of your choices, the MB pair is most classic looking and is my favorite.

Now...to muddy your waters...I have a nude Prada pump in an almost patent saffiano which is my go-to for a comfortable nude classic. It's shiny yet doesn't scream "patent". The toe is on the pointy side, but not like a needle point. I just love that shoe. Please update with your choice!
Thank you!!! I will look into those as well.

I agree that it really depends on your skin tone and foot shape.

For me my perfect nude pump is a Dior pump, it looks kinda like the Choo you posted above but the color is pinker so it matches me more.

Whichever brand you get (I have shoes from all 3, among others) make sure you get suede or kid leathers. Patent is nice and all, but nothing beats the comfort of natural skin.

I think the Manolos are the most comfortable out of the three - and don't they come in various shades of beige to best match different skin tone?

That said, I echo the previous poster about Prada -- they make great everyday pumps; they tend to run wider so better for all-day/end-of-day comfort.

Hi! How are you planning to wear them (I.e. Work? Casual? Special occasions?) If it is just for short periods of time, I think the CLs are some of the most beautiful nude shoes. I have that same pair (in patent) and they are gorgeous. However they kill your feet. I also work in a conservative environment and these are too sexy for work. I don't have the JCs but I have the MBs in 90 and 105 and they are much more practical for work or everyday. I also second rose60610 on the Pradas. They have a wider toe box and are much more comfortable. I also recommend, whatever you decide, that you try all on in person. The sizing varies a lot. Best of luck. They are all beautiful [emoji2]