Wanted---Identification Experts

dee

Feb 15, 2006
Hi All,

My sister spotted, what she described as a beautiful a Marc Jacobs handbag yesterday. She said it was grey leather, with a snap closure, some quilting on the edges, and a single gold chain strap. It didn't quite sound like a Mina (because she said it was not quilted all the way through and didn't have a zipper in the front). It also didn't sound like a stam (because she said it only had one chain strap). It might not be one of the latest bags, because she saw it in Nordstrom Rack. Any ideas what bag this might be?

More people might see this if you post it in the "Name that bag" thread, but I'm wondering if it was something from the Mix Quilted line. The first version of the MQ Hobo has a snap magnetic closure, quilting on the corners, a single gold chain strap, and did come in grey. The grey is more of a brownish grey if that helps, and there is a tiny pushlock on the front and some pleating on the front as well. I could be completely off but it's definitely a possibility! HTH!

Thanks Pursemonkey. My sister did say that the grey was brownish colored. I will post in the other forum you suggested. Do you know the name of the bag, because it sure sounds like the one she saw.

If it's the bag I described, it's the Mix Quilted Hobo from fall '07. :yes: I have this bag but for some reason I'm having trouble attaching pics right now. I'll try again in a bit if that would help:tup:

If you have it, congratulations, because it's a beautiful bag. The leather is supple and the design is classy. The price at NR was $700.00, which is not the best deal IMO.

I agree that $700 is high - I got it on "clearance" from the MJ boutique in San Fran for just over $400 including shipping. Here's a pic for reference anyways:tup:

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 39
What a fantastic price Pursemonkey!!!!! Now that's more like it. Your bag is beautiful. I especially love the color and ladylike style. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. Thank you again for your help.