Wanted a Puffer but found the Jamie...help!

Tote Ali

Jul 2, 2018
Had my heart set on the puffer because I kept hearing about how comfortable it was and wanted a subtle every day look with the all black, but then I stumbled upon this Jamie and totally fell in love with the buttery softness and it just 'fit' really snugly under my arm in a way the puffer wouldn't. My only hesitation is that originally I had my eye set on a more subtle look. The Jamie is actually more comfortable then the puffer to me (plus oh my goodness -that leather is butter on silk on a baby's cheek), but the look is more noticeable with the gold hardware - definitely an elegant purse I can see myself using years from now, but just not the original look I had in mind...

What do you do when your heart does a switcheroo in the store? Would love to hear thoughts/experiences with the Jamie! And/or what other super buttery lambskin bags that are big enough for errands etc are your favourites? (Any brand)

IMG-20201218-WA0024~4.jpg
IMG-20201218-WA0022~2.jpg

IMG-20201218-WA0021~2.jpg

Last edited:
That Jamie is beautiful, and still subtle as the logo isn’t big. Black with gold hardware is totally classic, and think the Jamie has a more timeless look for long term. Though the puffer is gorgeous, I think all-black and the puffy look are more trend-driven. Especially if you like wearing double-chain on the shoulder, that Jamie looks :loveeyes:

My only caution would be that it sounds like the Jamie leather is more delicate. Hopefully @Miss World can share her experience.

I had both and sold my Jamie which was in the cognac color because the leather was too delicate even though it was such a stunner.

The black color is a little better since you can worry less about stains, etc but the jamie leather definitely needs to be more babied than the puffer. If you buy it, just spray it with a protectant in case of water droplets, etc.

Both are stunners so as long as you don’t mind babying the jamie a little bit you should pick the one that makes your heart beat a little faster!

Reactions: Tote Ali
Thank you both for the inputs - knew I could count on PF! I just purchased the Jamie and can't wait to have it delivered in a few days! I couldn't get the feel of the leather out of my head and even though it wasn't the initial look I had in mind, it is a classic bag and it'll last me years. Plus it was on sale for 30% off!!!:yahoo: And so for that quality lambskin and a style with such longevity I decided to go for it!

I like the looks of the Jamie! I have the medium puffer and it is the most comfortable bag I have next to my Louis Vuitton Neo Noe.

It's very light compared to my other LouLou's. I don't find it uncomfortable at all. That's unfortunate to hear about the Jamie's leather. I was definitely going at it next.

Thank you both for the inputs - knew I could count on PF! I just purchased the Jamie and can't wait to have it delivered in a few days! I couldn't get the feel of the leather out of my head and even though it wasn't the initial look I had in mind, it is a classic bag and it'll last me years. Plus it was on sale for 30% off!!!:yahoo: And so for that quality lambskin and a style with such longevity I decided to go for it!
Whoa. The 30% is still going on?

On select styles, yes! It is part of the winter sale. I think the giant size for the Jamie isn't as popular since the medium isn't on sale. (I find it funny it's called 'giant' because in person it comes across more as a medium, and I'm on the shorter side). I'll definitely be mindful of the lambskin but I plan to use and enjoy it regularly since the silkiness of it is exactly why I love it - I want to touch it all day! The one I bought was on the floor for a few while and was still in great shape - some light character on the front but no deep scratches or nicks etc, I'm hopeful that in time, it'll all patina/buff into a well loved bag. Let me know if you end up going for it too - hope you do!

On select styles, yes! It is part of the winter sale. I think the giant size for the Jamie isn't as popular since the medium isn't on sale. (I find it funny it's called 'giant' because in person it comes across more as a medium, and I'm on the shorter side). I'll definitely be mindful of the lambskin but I plan to use and enjoy it regularly since the silkiness of it is exactly why I love it - I want to touch it all day! The one I bought was on the floor for a few while and was still in great shape - some light character on the front but no deep scratches or nicks etc, I'm hopeful that in time, it'll all patina/buff into a well loved bag. Let me know if you end up going for it too - hope you do!
So exciting! I just bought 3 bags within the last six weeks. So unfortunately I won't be getting one anytime soon. I do love the looks of it. I will live vicariously through you, lol!

• Love

Congrats! Great choice and 30% off...it was meant to be! Enjoy in good health:love:

• Love
Congrats! And on sale? Win-win! It's a beautiful bag!

• Love