Want to use my PCE but...kind of disappointing day at Coach.

ladyash

O.G.
Jun 5, 2010
I was at the Yorkdale Coach store today to try and get my sister her Christmas present and I wanted to get the leopard wristlet for myself. They didn't have the new owl key chain in stock and after finding out how tiny it is I didn't want it ordered. Much smaller than I expected and not their fault it wasn't in stock and they didn't have the other stuff I wanted since I know it's Christmas shopping season and all...

Anyway, I know they have older styles of the owl in leather, but what are the chances of being able to phone in an order for something no longer on the Coach site? The store checked to see if they had any of the leather ones in the back but didn't, and they offered to call around Toronto to other stores for me. We weren't venturing downtown so I didn't bother with it. She told me if I changed my mind on the other metal owl I could phone order.
I already know I am not changing my mind on the new tiny owl, but I am thinking of calling to see if I could order an older style for my sis. I wanted to ask first if anyone knew for sure if I could order something older because it's way long distance to call the closest store to me :sad:
Also would they let me use my PCE discount if I am doing a phone order, or is it in store and online only like it says?

oh and also while I got a thread started haha
I was going to buy the small leopard wristlet (that they didn't have in) for the random crap in my purse, but after seeing the larger one I was thinking of buying it even though I don't ever carry less than a purse. Does anyone know if the blackberry playbook would fit in a large wristlet?

You probably already know this but there are a gazillion key fobs on ebay.....you can enter what kind you want into your search and up they pop! Last night I ordered a little crystal duck and a coach script fob for around $20 each.....new too. As far as your use of PCE over the phone...my store has always honored it with my phone orders. I don't know about all stores though.....but I remember seeing on the back of my first PCE that they couldn't be used over the phone but my store (that I love) said of course i could use it via phone order......they want the business.

I went on the website today and ordered $1,000 of stuff. I was ordering for my boss's girlfriend's Christmas gift from him. I ordered a purse, matchig zippy wallet, matching wristlet, keychain and a boyfriend watch. Website was slow, had a hard time working my cart, and then when I finally got it all ordered (took me an hour), the website wouldn't accept my 25% off coupon. I got so irritated that I just gave up. I could have called, but by that time I was tired........and irritated...........

You probably already know this but there are a gazillion key fobs on ebay.....you can enter what kind you want into your search and up they pop! Last night I ordered a little crystal duck and a coach script fob for around $20 each.....new too. As far as your use of PCE over the phone...my store has always honored it with my phone orders. I don't know about all stores though.....but I remember seeing on the back of my first PCE that they couldn't be used over the phone but my store (that I love) said of course i could use it via phone order......they want the business.

I checked and the one I want is $66 + shipping to Canada on ebay :sad: That was the cheapest I could find for the leather owl. I think it would have been $38 - 25% if they had any in the back today.

I went on the website today and ordered $1,000 of stuff. I was ordering for my boss's girlfriend's Christmas gift from him. I ordered a purse, matchig zippy wallet, matching wristlet, keychain and a boyfriend watch. Website was slow, had a hard time working my cart, and then when I finally got it all ordered (took me an hour), the website wouldn't accept my 25% off coupon. I got so irritated that I just gave up. I could have called, but by that time I was tired........and irritated...........

I'm being annoying and refusing to buy online because there is $22 shipping charge + duty fee to Canada and that would mean I am paying full retail or more for what I wanted that wasn't in stock today.

My key chain dilemma might be solved.

Are the wristlet measurements on the coach site accurate? I'm trying to find something pretty to house my new blackberry playbook and I want it to be Coach! :smile:
The universal cases seem to be too large and more geared towards the ipad.

Are the wristlet measurements on the coach site accurate? I'm trying to find something pretty to house my new blackberry playbook and I want it to be Coach! :smile:

I am curious about this too. I am interested in buying a blackberry playbook and would love to get something fron coach for it!

Generally speaking, yes, the measurements are accurate. There have been some inaccuracies, but those are updated fairly fast. That said, something that is 5 inches long may not hold a 5" long item as the opening may be 4.75"

The Pinnicle large wristlet is listed as 9.5 x 5.25 and the Playbook is 5.1 x 7.6 (per google) so it would definitely fit. A wristlet that was 5 x 7 might be very tight. Hope this helps.

I am sure this has already been answered but the only way i can shop for coach is online, and several times i have had to phone in my orders due to the website errors (not accepting the promo code ) and i have never had a problem, So i am not sure if you are talking about calling an actual store, but calling coach direct you should have no problem using your pce, in fact every time i have placed my order they ask me if i have a promo code that i would like to use before i have to say anything... BTW, I too wanted the owl so thanks for the heads up about how small it is.....

This may sound like a silly idea, but what about a Sutton Swingpack? They're smaller than the universal sleeve and it's small enough to pack in your bag!

I was thinking about a swingpack, or a vintage bag with removable straps like my convertible clutch so that I had a pretty place to put it. I can't check out your link because they Coach site is being updated but if I remember I will check it later :P