Want to start a charm bracelet - Pandora or Links of London?? Or other?

himeko

Aug 6, 2007
Hey ladies - I want to start looking into creating a charm bracelet for myself ! :biggrin: I've looked through various charm designs that companies offer, but just want second opinions on what you guys think !

My only requirements for my charm bracelet is that I want it to last me forever (meaning high quality and I can take it in someplace reputable to get it cleaned, fixed, etc), and each charm I put on my bracelet, I want them to represent something in my life. *in no hurry to finish my bracelet or fill it up with meaningless cute charms*

I think I've narrowed my choices down to two brands...:

I was looking at Pandora charms and people who posted their finished bracelets up- though it seems like most of the charms are just for fun to decorate, especially with colored glass spacers - I think it might be hard to find a charm to match every significant event...

So I think I might go for Links of London.. they seem to have an extensive line of various charms.. plus you can easily take it to the LOL counter to get it cleaned/fixed up if it ever gets loose over time..

By the way, I also looked at:

Tiffany and Co - most of their charms seem like the generic Tiffany heart ones.. so no

Juicy Couture - always had the image in my mind as not-so high quality and overpriced. also a little tacky sometimes..

What do you guys think, or any other opinions?
Thanks for any help!!

I am southern and I have several charm bracelets.

each one is a different theme here are some of my favorites

one if family discs
one is lockets with pictures inside of friends and family
one is all things from SC
one is all girls things
one is stuff for me and my boyfriend

I don't care for juicy as it's not sterling silver. I don't care for pandora either as I like actual classic charm bracelets

i get a nice sterling silver bracelet of good weight and size from a local jeweler

then I get my charms from varous places. I have lots of online stores I like to order from and some of mine I get at locations we visit or things we do ( I got a wicked charm in jan when we saw it in town)

anyway hope that helps. I like classic dangly charm bracelets and I prefer mine to be all silver. Though my girly one does have some with the sterling and rhinestone accents ( they tend to fall off and are more cheap). Oh and despite how they hook on I always take them to the jeweler to have them sautered on. Costs about $5-10 per charm if you didn't buy them from the store. But so worth it. Oh and every single charm on my bracelets means something to me. But again they are theme related bracelets

I also buy antique charms off ebay. They are amazing.

All of mine are pretty full as i have been adding to them for some time. I also have the two that were my grandmothers.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of Pandora - I really just don't like the beady look. :shame: I'd go with more of a classic style bracelet !

I would highly recommend Links of London. :smile:

I have their classic charm bracelet (t-bar, RRP £70) and their sweetie charm bracelet (RRP £110) and both are beautiful, amazing quality pieces I know will last me a life time.

Their charms are fantastic too. So many quirky options I've seen at from no other big charm companies. I can't stress the quality of them either! I know what you mean about the charms having a sentimental value; and I've managed to do this for myself with Links of London.

I have had charm bracelets my whole life. My first one was given to me by my grandfather at my birth. It was a traditional charm bracelet in silver. I got to wear it for special occassions and my family added charms to it for holidays, birthdays, and significant events in my life. Now it is full and too small, but the sentiment and the memories are there.

My mom and aunt were charm bracelet collectors and their bracelets of life events are both gold and so lovely. All of their charms move. I especially admire the dancing Rockettes charm that has a tiny lever on the back to make the legs kick out!

I currently am a Pandora fanatic. Luckily for me, there are many Pandora beads that can and do hold significant meaning to commemorate events in my life. I also like to collect and arrange looks that are just appealing to me.

I am happy as a clam with both traditional charm bracelets of no brand and Pandora, but after looking at what Links of London has to offer, I am drooling! I really like the button charm.

Let us know what you choose. :smile:

Thanks everyone for replying :smile: !
I'm happy to join you guys in the charm bracelet world- I made the plunge and bought a Links of London sweetie bracelet (with rose quartz) today!! I can't wait to start my bracelet but I feel like I want to wait for something exciting and significant to happen in my life lol.

Thanks everyone for replying :smile: !
I'm happy to join you guys in the charm bracelet world- I made the plunge and bought a Links of London sweetie bracelet (with rose quartz) today!! I can't wait to start my bracelet but I feel like I want to wait for something exciting and significant to happen in my life lol.

Oh my, the rose quartz one is something very special! :biggrin: So delighted with your choice and glad you are too!

I have charm bracelet from Thomas Sabo, Pandora as well as Lovelinks.

Thomas Sabo is more hip and edgy to me and the hook enables me to change the charms from bracelet, necklace to ear rings

Pandora and Lovelinks are quite similar. I understand that you can use the Lovelink beads on Pandora necklace or bracelet but not the other way around as Pandora beads are smaller.

Besides that, Pandora's beads are "screwed in" and Lovelink's beads need to be "pushed" in hard. It is more fun to change Pandora beads because of the above mechanical function. But where I come from Lovelinks pricing is lower than Pandora's.

Hope this help.

www.jamesavery.com
You can get all of their charms in either gold or silver. They sell various bracelets as well.
James Avery is a company that's been making jewelry for decades so I think that you will be able to get many charms over the years and make a lovely classic charm bracelet.

Last edited:
I second the Thomas Sabo charms. I own a couple, but these two are the ones I wear on a regular basis. The detail is pretty amazing and the price point is lower than Tiffany and Links of London.

I wear it with Links toggle necklace-
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sabo charms.jpg
    Sabo charms.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 16,738
  • Sabo charms 2.jpg
    Sabo charms 2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 16,032
I currently own a Links of London which I adore. The charms are great quality but beware of the enamel ones. With daily wear the pretty coloured enamel will chip. I have 4 links charms and 3 Thomas Sabo ones which I interchange depending on my mood.

I'm planning on getting a Pandora really soon.