Want To Sell My Car :(

Kezzi<3

Always In Need Of...
Mar 17, 2008
Ive had my car for a while now & want to sell it for a newer one. I dont know whether to though, shes my baby :lol:.. a sparkly 2004 mini in metallic gold, such a girls car.

What do you guys think??

I'm annoyingly practical when it comes to these things :rolleyes: I think it depends how many miles it has, what kind of condition it's in, how well you've maintained it, etc. These things will all factor into the asking price, which will help determine whether or not it would be worth it for you to sell. Are you looking to get a new mini or an entirely different car? You might want to try researching on Edmunds.com or kelleybluebook.com (there may be a UK equivalent) for current values.

Of course, if you have your heart set on something, there goes practicality!

Unfortunately like balihai88 I am practical... my car is 8 years old and I don't plan on getting rid of it unless it dies beyond reasonable repair. I'd rather spend my car payments on other things.

Is there anything wrong with the car?

I would make a pros/cons list of the car you have vs. the car you want. Factors I would consider: condition of your current car, miles on current car, mpg (or kilometers per liter I guess in the UK), transaction costs (transferring plates, finance charges for a loan if needed), etc.

Unfortunately like balihai88 I am practical... my car is 8 years old and I don't plan on getting rid of it unless it dies beyond reasonable repair. I'd rather spend my car payments on other things.

Is there anything wrong with the car?

Same here. I drove a 1998 Nissan until about 3 months ago due to this. To me, cars are a disposable item that depreciates daily and putting money into a new one when nothing is wrong w/ the old doesn't work for me.

well, if the car is your baby, it sounds like you really like your car. I see no reason not to keep it. If you take care of it a car can last a very long time.