Want to add to my ruby ring... what stones would work with it?

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
I made this ring recently
DSC00491.jpg

and it didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, so I wanted to add something on the sides to spice it up! What stones would you do? I was either thinking a row of diamonds on either side, peridot/tsavorsite leaves on either side of the flower, two smaller flowers but idk what gem stones to use or maybe two marquise stones? I would love to make it look more vintagey but I dont know how to do that. I'm also considering either oxidizing it or dipping it in rose gold.
Any suggestions?
Thank yOU!

You could add bead set pink sapphires to the shank. :smile: The bead setting would help with the vintage look. You could also milgrain the edges of the shank when you have the sapphires bead set. (My engagement ring has bead set stones down the shank with milgraining and I love it.) I think dipping it in rose gold would also be an excellent idea, especially with the rubies and pink sapphires (if you end up going that route)

You could add bead set pink sapphires to the shank. :smile: The bead setting would help with the vintage look. You could also milgrain the edges of the shank when you have the sapphires bead set. (My engagement ring has bead set stones down the shank with milgraining and I love it.) I think dipping it in rose gold would also be an excellent idea, especially with the rubies and pink sapphires (if you end up going that route)

what are bead set pink sapphires? how big?

I wanted the rubies reversed like the round part of the gem facing out but my jeweler apparently vetoed what i wanted :/ i guess I want more of an impact because I never want to wear it by itself always i layer it with my .15 diamond ring.

Here is an example of bead setting. It's where stones are set with tiny beads of metal around them. I'm sure I'm not explaining it well but the photo should be helpful. :smile:

So I was suggesting having your jeweler bead set pink sapphire stones alone the shank of your ring.

Attachments

• 0608-van-cleef-arpels-4-420.jpg
    0608-van-cleef-arpels-4-420.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 641