Want to add an amarante bag to my collection

bmsw72

Jun 24, 2009
Seoul
I am considering adding an amarante bag to my collection. I'm not a fan of vernis + vachetta, so it narrows my choices to five. I'd like the bag to be appropriate for weekends and work (business casual attire). It probably won't be an everyday bag--just for those days when I wear something in that color range.

Sunset Blvd: seems small for any wear outside a special occasion
Rodeo Drive: I'm not sure how I feel about it
Alma MM: I tried it on in MM and it seemed rather big on me (I'm 5')
Wilshire Blvd: I already have one in Bleu Nuit
Melrose Ave: I LOVE Melrose, but I already have one in Bleu and I don't use it on weekends, which is why I got the Wilshire (also, the cost is HIGH)

Please help me decide which/if an amarante handbag is in my future. :smile:
Thanks!

Mandy Candy

<3 love my Chi's <3
Jun 25, 2009
San Diego, CA
I LOVE amarante. I would go for the alma mm, its a beautiful bag and imo it would be a great bag for weekends and work. I don't think the size would be too overwhelming on you either. I would have said go with the melrose but if you already have it in bleu nuit the alma mm is a great choice!

bmsw72

Jun 24, 2009
Seoul
The LV website says the Alma MM can be worn on the shoulder. From the pics, and from what I remember from the LV boutique, there wasn't much handle-clearance. Do those of you who own an Alma ever wear it on your shoulder?

I think I'll head to the LV boutique this weekend and see what they have. I'll give the Alma MM another look.

Spoiled Royalty

$ GM Lover $
Dec 22, 2008
Louis Vuitton California!!
The LV website says the Alma MM can be worn on the shoulder. From the pics, and from what I remember from the LV boutique, there wasn't much handle-clearance. Do those of you who own an Alma ever wear it on your shoulder?

I think I'll head to the LV boutique this weekend and see what they have. I'll give the Alma MM another look.
As a alma owner, I just think that would be quite uncomfortable, because of the shape. I had to take a second look at my alma just now and honestly the handles seem to be a couple inches to small for me to wear it that way.

gre8dane

So Proud!!
O.G.
Mar 30, 2008
Gotta' love the Vernis! My favorite line, just luscious. Carried my Pomme Alma today and it is one of my top LVs so that is what I suggest!

Sunset Blvd: Not just for special occasion (no Vernis bag is only special occasion). Beautiful bag, just small.
Rodeo Drive: Don't like this one at all. Too boxy.
Alma MM: Ultimate Vernis bag! Don't let the Vernis intimidate you. The MM is the size of the Galliera PM, just more structure. Can't go wrong with this beauty.
Wilshire Blvd: You already have it...diversify
Melrose Ave: Again diversify and round out your Vernis collection with the Alma!

Can't wait for your reveal!