Want a Speedy 40 .... But NOT Mono...what are my other options?

Keepallboi

O.G.
May 12, 2011
So I've been looking at a new bag for a while, and cant seem to settle on one. So I've now thought of the idea of adding the oh so classic speedy to my collection. Im a guy, 6ft, gay (not that it matters, but i dont mind it looking like a purse basically), and 155lbs. So I am tall and slim. I think the 40 is the smallest I would go bc for my build and height, i need a bigger bag.

The thing is, I need the speedy 40, but I am not a fan of Mono or Vach!!! I would get a preloved 40 Mono if the vach had a good patina but wasnt ruined (or in bad shape) and if it was a good price that I couldnt possibly pass up. So other than Mono, what colours and canvas/leather was the 40 ever made in? Any suggestions and help please! Im open to all regular lines like epi, damier etc, but also open to limited edition collections. Please list all types of speedy 40s you know of (pics are always helpful too!) And also give me your opinion on which one would be the best choice for me.

THANKS ALL!!!! :smile::smile::smile:

Well, you could do Multicolore... or find an awesome vintage Epi Speedy 40 on eBay. I bought my Borneo Green (see my avatar) for less than $500, and it's mint. But the prices have gone up on eBay since I bought it.

Well, you could do Multicolore... or find an awesome vintage Epi Speedy 40 on eBay. I bought my Borneo Green (see my avatar) for less than $500, and it's mint. But the prices have gone up on eBay since I bought it.

what other epi colours did the 40 come in ???

Im not a MC fan....but I like the epi.... I had a epi 25 speedy (intended to be a makeup bag) but it was too small so i returned it. It was preloved, but I found the bag stunk too!!! mighta just been the bag, but it turned me off epi a bit. Does preloved epi tend to smell?!??!

Epi Colors:

Castillian Red
Borneo Green
Toledo Blue
Noir
Kenyan Fawn
and possibly Cipagno Gold. They were discontinued before 2000 so you won't find Tassill Yellow, Moka, Vanilla, or the new colors

if you dont mind an extra 5 cm added to your new bag what about the damier ebene keepall or the graphite with strap.... or add a little more to get a SO ebene speedy 40, or just look throught the listings on ebay you find a lot of vintage speedy 40s in other patterns.... good luck

The Toledo Blue Epi 40 is to die for. Sigh. I wish I didn't have to pay ridiculous import fees on items from outside Europe. And I also wish they would just make the 40 in Ebene, already!

boyoverboard said:
The Toledo Blue Epi 40 is to die for. Sigh. I wish I didn't have to pay ridiculous import fees on items from outside Europe. And I also wish they would just make the 40 in Ebene, already!

I would love a 40 ebene !!!! Or mon monogram but in ebene instead of mono.

Not so sure about toledo blue. I really want a darker bag. Might hold out for an epi noir speedy 40

L.Vuitton.Freak said:
if you dont mind an extra 5 cm added to your new bag what about the damier ebene keepall or the graphite with strap.... or add a little more to get a SO ebene speedy 40, or just look throught the listings on ebay you find a lot of vintage speedy 40s in other patterns.... good luck

Do they do special order speedy 40 in ebene?? I thought special order was no longer available ?!?