Want a luxury bag but I can't find one I like.

mallutts

Dec 28, 2018
The type of bag I love is the small to medium size, two top handle, satchel that is also has a crossbody strap. I prefer to have it zip closed at the top. I find bags I like in contemporary lines like TB, MK, and Coach but when I get into a higher price range I fall short of finding something I like. The closest thing I can find is a LV SpeedyB 25 in Noir Monogram Empreinte Leather, and even that I'm not too fond of the roundness of them. The Givenchy Antigona comes to mind also, but seems more like an 'it' bag. Maybe I should just stick to contemporary if that's what I like? Is there something out there I'm missing?

I bought this MICHAEL Michael Kors Bond Large Satchel for my everyday bag a couple of years a go and it held up great I just wanted something new.
8128dRYL2mL._UY575_.jpg

This last winter I bought this Tory Burch Half-Moon Mixed-Materials Satchel
154381082311697_24f17b75-d11d-427c-ac01-ac75d9b3fd81.png

For Spring/Summer this year I got this DNKY Paige Satchel
10773151_fpx.tif

Have you checked at Prada's website? I think that they might have what you are looking for! The galleria bags, the saffiano bags, etc, among others! :smile: And I assume that you have checked out the nano luggage by Celine?

I really like this bag but I've heard these are really heavy? Do you have one or know someone who does? Also, it kind of bugs me when bags that cost $2k + don't have feet...... Does the bottom get really beat up or is it pretty durable?

I don't own that bag myself, but I have tried it on, and I wasn't too bothered about the weight of the nano, at least not when wearing it in the store for a few minutes, but the bigger sizes are a pain to just pick up due to the weight. There are lot of threads about this specific bag (or any other!) on this forum though, so a quick search should give you the answers to all of these questions from people with first hand experience! :smile:

Gucci's new Zumi might be worth checking out too.. and Givenchys Horizon. I assume you don't care for the Louis Vuitton Alma, as you seem to have been checking LV out but don't mention that bag?
I think the Alma is ok, the sizing is weird to me I wish they made a size between the BB and the regular one. I have a Kate Spade purse that's similar shape to the Alma without the crossbody strap and it was just award. I haven't worn it in over two years.

I think the Alma is ok, the sizing is weird to me I wish they made a size between the BB and the regular one. I have a Kate Spade purse that's similar shape to the Alma without the crossbody strap and it was just award. I haven't worn it in over two years.
Ah, I was going so suggest Balenciaga, they have some bags that I believe are in between the two sizes, with a similar shape, but if that's not for you then those are ruled out then. :smile:

I'm really liking the Celine bags thought. The belt bag looks really nice also. I wonder if the regular luggage and the belt bag can be worn crossbody or just the nano's.