Wanna buy a JUMBO FLAP tomorrow, need opinions! Which color???

Julierose

New York City
O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
Hello ladies!!

I spent the day at Bloomies yesterday, in Chanel, and I am going nuts! I went in there thinking I was gonna pick up the large black caviar flap, but when I got there, I fell in love with 3 other flaps I saw!!:sweatdrop:

I need some opinions!

I already own the Vintage XL Flap with Gold hardware, and I have the Jumbo Black Caviar Flap with silver hardware. I really want the Med/Large black caviar flap with silver hardware to use for dinners out and fancy events ect....and then I am DONE with black flaps!!! I will have 3 different sizes, for different reasons, and my black flap collection will be done ;)

Now....for the opinion I need...hee hee.......

I fell in love with a BRIGHT BLUE LAMBSKIN JUMBO FLAP with silver chain that I saw in Bloomies. It was a Jumbo size flap, but the straps were plain thick silver chains, with no leather woven in, just thick silver chain straps, and the chains were shorter then normal for a Jumbo size flap. Does anyone know which model I am talking about??? I almost bought it, but I was thrown off by the shorter straps. I was thinking that in order to wear this flap over a coat in the winter, I would have to wear it as a single strap. But, the color was amazing! It was a BRIGHT BLUE LAMBSKIN!!!

The other two flaps I fell in love with were the Patent Goatskin Bordeaux Jumbo Flap, and the Gray Lambskin Flap. I LOVE THEM!

I wanna get one of these but which do I get? I love the deep bordeaux patent flap, and it would be great for Fall and Winter, but that bright blue lambskin one was AMAZING.

Which is the most practical? Also, does anyone know how the patent goatskin would hold up against scratches?????

THANKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart::heart:

I should have taken photos of the BLUE LAMSKIN/SILVER HARDWARE Jumbo that I am talking about, with the thick silver chain straps......
I am either gonna pull the trigger on that one, or the Bordeaux Goatskin Patent flap.....

Still wanna hear some feedback before I go back to Bloomies.....anyone??

The bright blue chain flap sounds wonderful! Is it the glazed lambskin or the regular lambskin? I've never seen a bright blue one before! The chain sounds lovely too, is it the bijoux chain? I have a 08 s/s pink glazed lambskin jumbo with the silver chain, but it's different than the 07 bijoux chain, I like the 07 one more.

Is the blue one the glazed lambskin classic flap from Spring/Summer 08? Even though, I remember that one being a relatively vivid navy blue, not necessarily a bright blue. That one has the 2008 bijoux chain (no leather) that happens to be shorter than the regular jumbo chains.

My vote is for the bordeaux (such a classic color that goes with everything!) and the blue as my second choice.
The gray just sounds boring in contrast to these other 2 gorgeous choices!

p.s. loving that pic of your XL Jumbo! ;)

Is the blue one the glazed lambskin classic flap from Spring/Summer 08? Even though, I remember that one being a relatively vivid navy blue, not necessarily a bright blue. That one has the 2008 bijoux chain (no leather) that happens to be shorter than the regular jumbo chains.

YES POND, that sounds like it exactly!!!!! They were thick silver bijoux chain straps, and they were shorter straps then the normal jumbo flaps. And yes, it was a vivid NAVY blue. I am sorry, maybe my description before was misleading, it's just that it was a brighter color then just navy, it was a vivid navy blue for sure. My only hesitation in getting it was the shorter straps, I love the bijioux chain, but I love the length of the regular jumbo flaps ya know? What do ya think? And yes, I believe the lambskin DID look glazed.......how do you think that will hold up against scratching???:confused1:

The bright blue chain flap sounds wonderful! Is it the glazed lambskin or the regular lambskin? I've never seen a bright blue one before! The chain sounds lovely too, is it the bijoux chain? I have a 08 s/s pink glazed lambskin jumbo with the silver chain, but it's different than the 07 bijoux chain, I like the 07 one more.

Cerripi, that sounds beautiful! Can you PLEASE post a photo of that pink flap that you have? I want to see if it is the same as the bright navy one that I saw. Are the straps on your flap shorter then normal jumbo flap straps?
It sounds like the same model as the bright navy one that I saw. And I do think the lambskin was glazed......

I say the bright blue, since you seem so excited about that one. It sounds gorgeous. I am not be big fan of patent, so my second choice would be the grey lambskin, which I have seen irl and love.

My vote is for the bordeaux (such a classic color that goes with everything!) and the blue as my second choice.
The gray just sounds boring in contrast to these other 2 gorgeous choices!

p.s. loving that pic of your XL Jumbo! ;)

Aww Thanks! LOL I got it from a great seller! :graucho:

I do love the Bordeaux also, and it's a great neutral shade......I am torn between that, and the bright navy lambskin flap......
I will make a decision by Wed, my SA is holding the flaps for me, I will try to take some pics tomorrow ;)

Ok, I did some research, and I found out that the flap I am talking about is the Spring 08 Navy Glazed Jumbo Flap with bijoux chain!
So, I have a chance to purchase this, my only concern is scratching of the lambskin, AND sagging of the leather. I read some comments where this flap doesn't keep it's shape well? I don't want it to look worn fast ya know? AGHHHH!!! LOL
Decisions, decisions...

I think I have all 3 flaps you mentioned - I've attached a photo. Is this the blue you are talking about? It's the navy glazed lambskin jumbo and is very pretty! While I probably can't choose 1 of the 3, there are a few points you may want to consider:

Blue jumbo - beautiful shade of blue; lambskin is glazed so it's less prone to scratches; Chain is unique (though heavier than the other chains); chain is shorter; Bag is less structured than the traditional jumbo and also "squishier"; when the bag is full, the top of the bag does not stay straight but tends to dip down

Bordeaux Patent - gorgeous gorgeous color; needs less babying than lambskin; chain is longer than the blue jumbo's but shorter than the usual classic lamb/caviar jumbo; Bag is also somewhat smaller than the usual lambskin jumbo

Gray Lambskin - the perfect gray, in my opinion:yes: There is some depth to the color so that in certain light there is a silvery sheen -the color is far from boring. This is the largest of the 3 jumbos and has the classic chain. The leather seems to be the most delicate of the 3 (though I hear it is now coated with a substance that will decrease the risk of scratches). It is less structured than the traditional jumbos but more structured than the navy.

I will try to find time to post comparison photos of the 3.

I hope this helps:heart:

Attachments

• flaps.jpg
    flaps.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 123
I have the goatskin patent bordeaux jumbo and also the gray lambskin jumbo from fall act 1. Both are gorgeous. But if you want me to pick one, I will pick the patent bordeaux!! The texture of the bag is excellent, and it's not prone to scratches or fingerprints!! :heart::heart::heart:

Here are some modeling pics I've posted before in my thread. HTH!! Good luck and you won't regret getting any of them!! :graucho:

For size comparison of the gray vs. bordeaux, you can take a look at the last 2 pictures. The left burgundy lambskin flap is the same jumbo as the gray jumbo (it's from the same fall act 1 collection as the gray lambskin jumbo). The right one is the patent bordeaux goatskin jumbo. You can see it's a bit smaller and the chain is around 1 inch shorter than the lambskin one. But for me, I think the size and length of chain of the goatskin bordeaux is the best. :tup:

Attachments

• IMG_0770_resize.jpg
    IMG_0770_resize.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0769_resize.jpg
    IMG_0769_resize.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0787_resize.jpg
    IMG_0787_resize.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0705_resize.jpg
    IMG_0705_resize.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0711_resize.jpg
    IMG_0711_resize.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 77
I think I have all 3 flaps you mentioned - I've attached a photo. Is this the blue you are talking about? It's the navy glazed lambskin jumbo and is very pretty! While I probably can't choose 1 of the 3, there are a few points you may want to consider:

Blue jumbo - beautiful shade of blue; lambskin is glazed so it's less prone to scratches; Chain is unique (though heavier than the other chains); chain is shorter; Bag is less structured than the traditional jumbo and also "squishier"; when the bag is full, the top of the bag does not stay straight but tends to dip down

Bordeaux Patent - gorgeous gorgeous color; needs less babying than lambskin; chain is longer than the blue jumbo's but shorter than the usual classic lamb/caviar jumbo; Bag is also somewhat smaller than the usual lambskin jumbo

Gray Lambskin - the perfect gray, in my opinion:yes: There is some depth to the color so that in certain light there is a silvery sheen -the color is far from boring. This is the largest of the 3 jumbos and has the classic chain. The leather seems to be the most delicate of the 3 (though I hear it is now coated with a substance that will decrease the risk of scratches). It is less structured than the traditional jumbos but more structured than the navy.

I will try to find time to post comparison photos of the 3.

I hope this helps:heart:

OMG Thank you so much! YES, those are the exact 3 bags I am talking about! LOL

I do LOVE that Navy Blue flap! I am just worried about it not keeping it's shape, but if I don't overstuff it, and just keep the basics in there, it should be fine right? And how does it hold up against stratching? That Bordeaux is also so yummy. God, I guess I can't go wrong with either??? hee hee