walmart as good as coach?! are you kidding me?!!

One of my English teacher's only wore designer handbags and clothes! She was awesome!!!

I don't think it's a teacher thing...probably more of a "men' thing.

Have any of you seen a teachers' salary scale lately? Top pay in my district is over $93,000.00. Maybe I'm not well informed, but if you are working 180 days a year and making that kind of money, I would say you can afford a few luxuries. Average salaries among my friends, given their years of experience is between $60,000.00 and $80,000.00. Add that to a spouse's salary and you're doing better than average.

Teaching - best kept secret in the job world (you don't work with adults, summers off, plus Christmas and spring break AND you are done before 3:00 p.m. if you don't coach or tutor).

I need to move where you are. :wtf:

Also, as a teacher, I must correct your statement about the best kept secret. I am NEVER done with school work when my day ends, and yeah, we get summers off, but it is like cramming 12 months of work into 9. When I was a teacher full time (only part time now), I didn't get home before 5 and my day ended at 3:30. You don't get paid for that overtime either! I could leave at 3:30, but I wouldn't be a very good teacher ... I would just be teaching straight out of the book, not getting activities together and whatnot.

Not sure if you're a teacher or not, but if those are your main reasons for being one, it is definately not worth it!

*off soapbox* *back on topic*

Yeah, it's probably a male thing. Guys are odd. Figure out what he likes to spend money on (even a frugal teacher will have something), and compare it to that.

Have any of you seen a teachers' salary scale lately? Top pay in my district is over $93,000.00. Maybe I'm not well informed, but if you are working 180 days a year and making that kind of money, I would say you can afford a few luxuries. Average salaries among my friends, given their years of experience is between $60,000.00 and $80,000.00. Add that to a spouse's salary and you're doing better than average.

Teaching - best kept secret in the job world (you don't work with adults, summers off, plus Christmas and spring break AND you are done before 3:00 p.m. if you don't coach or tutor).

Or mark papers, or prep lessons, or answer student e-mails, or keep office hours, or attend school meetings or take on graduate or Phd students, or do research work, or publish. Yep, any job is easy when you only mention 1/8 of the work. Teaching requires a LOT of time and effort and until I got into it, I never realized how much. Plus, you are constantly dealing with all kinds of people and their problems.

I don't make a huge amount of money yet, but since we can't all be rich or inherit money, some of us actually save up to buy the luxuries we want and appreciate. That's what I did when I bought my first LV bag this week. It CAN be done.

ugh! that sucks you couldn't say something. I go to fashion school and most of my teachers appreciate designer anything....I have one teacher who admits he judges someone's life on their bags....he thinks i have a wonderfully fabulous life....lol if only he knew it is just an obsession. lol.

so today in history my teacher went on a rant about how its stupid to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive bags such as coach and louis vuitton. he then proceeded to say that a purse bought at walmart is better quality and will last longer than a coach bag. i couldnt BELIEVE what i was hearing. a girl with a dooney started trying to justify designed bags but my teacher wouldnt listen. if i didnt need an A in that class, i would have freaked out at him.

GAWD..I feel sorry for his wife:wtf: :s , no chance or whatsoever getting Coach let alone LV:yucky:

I think it's only because he is a male..
that's what my guy friends told me too!!they also called me 'a girl that wants to spend more than 1k for a bag'
I even broke up with my previous boyfriend because of my shopping habit. i mean, hey whats ur problem. I bought them all with my own money and never asked u to buy them for me..
If i have to choose, sorry i'd pfrefer my loyal babies than a cry baby boyfriend that could not apprciate my hobby..

and now, i get the one who support my hobby by help me finding discount items.hehe thx God