Wallets?

G.Allyn

O.G.
Dec 12, 2013
I remember someone (sorry, forgot your name), saying they loved having their handbags with matching wallets. I like this idea, but wondered how you managed to purchase so many matching wallets.

Do the outlets carry the wallets? If so, what kind of markdown do all of you see?

I own one lonely black leather wallet. I finally decided to order the Tessuta Collection woven shopper I have been yacking about for the last month. The color I wanted was on back order and will be shipped in about one month. Expensive! Even with my trade-in-program credit, but I reminded myself that I once paid full price for an Alto bag. The matching zip around was in stock and will ship this week

The last thing I ordered was the Amazon Collection flap continential wallet. Again, am I cheap, but $295.00 for a wallet?:cool:

Oh, forgot, thanks to Hopi, ordered the calf converable shopper in Ivy. Such a good deal at $89.00. Could not pass it up. They only have royal blue, ivy and raspberry left in the system. The SA in Chicago said they clearanced them out back in March, so they don't have many colors left. Wanted a neutral in tan with darker trim or a black with brown trim, but at this late date, I feel lucky to have gotten one at all.

I have always been a stickler for having a matching wallet. Ever since I started carrying a purse in middle school lol BUT i had bought a DB75 Multi phone wristlet from dooney . com and haven't bought another since :eek: all of my bags are colorful and it had matched each one (just enough) that I haven't felt the need to but matching wallets for my new bags. My husband is so pleased lol I had ordered a t'moro florentine wallet since a lot of my bags had t'moro trim. Perhaps you could do something similar? If any of your bags have coordinating trim or accents you could match that. I'm also looking to get the Tessuta woven in the multi, as it will match several bags

I have always been a stickler for having a matching wallet. Ever since I started carrying a purse in middle school lol BUT i had bought a DB75 Multi phone wristlet from dooney . com and haven't bought another since :eek: all of my bags are colorful and it had matched each one (just enough) that I haven't felt the need to but matching wallets for my new bags. My husband is so pleased lol I had ordered a t'moro florentine wallet since a lot of my bags had t'moro trim. Perhaps you could do something similar? If any of your bags have coordinating trim or accents you could match that. I'm also looking to get the Tessuta woven in the multi, as it will match several bags

Hello! Yes, I like the idea of trying to get one wallet which will match a few of your handbags. I ordered the Amazon in T-Moro and the zip around in the multi. The woven shopper in multi, is the colorway I ordered, but this is on backorder and will take @ 3 weeks. Bummed it was on backorder. It was there on Friday and was gone on Sunday.

I also get my matching wallets either on special price or on ebay but they have to be NWT. I usually don't like to overspend on a wallet since most of the time is hidden in my pretty purses! It is great that you are looking out for great prices as well, enjoy your wallets!

I'm not a matchy matchy girl but it has to look ok with the bag. For example, my Ocean Satchel, I'm fine with having my Croco embossed cognac wallet with it. I have a patent ocean wallet but it's a bit too matchy for me so I don't carry it with that.

Yes, the outlets have wallets but I don't think the sales are all that good. Sometimes they have where you get like 20% off a wallet if you purchase a bag or if they have special promotions, otherwise it's full price. That's at my outlets. Others may be different.

I have several wallets only not to stress them out too much but I won't spend lots on them. They have to be on sale for me to purchase.

one of the TJMaxx near me had a whole table rack full of just DB wallets. Might be the way to go if the discount at the outlets arent good.

as someone who just bought a new wallet for the first time in 7 yrs and am very picky about my wallets bc of my travel needs, I couldnt possibly use a DB wallet.

I like having a wallet go with multiple bags, doesn't have to match exactly. I'm too lazy to switch out bags every day, much less all the junk that accumulates in my wallet :smile:

I dont match my wallet to the bag. It would drive me crazy to pull everything out and organize it every few days. I usually have black wallets. Right now it DKNY calf leather wallet with gold zipper. Im thinking of getting a Dooney one, but I have to find one that is wide enough for my passport. It would be in a dark brown to semi match the bags via contrast stitching.

I never buy a wallet to match a bag but I try and get my accessories to match - I have a bunch of matching accessories - its fun to match accessories - gives the bag a POP of color on the inside!!! Here is what I am using now - I try and change them every month!

I never buy a wallet to match a bag but I try and get my accessories to match - I have a bunch of matching accessories - its fun to match accessories - gives the bag a POP of color on the inside!!! Here is what I am using now - I try and change them every month!

I likey!!! So organized. I make it easy... I just do clear cosmetic case and a wallet for a pop. I think your way is the cheaper way which allows you to be more versatile. Where did you get those other accessories?

Oh, I love that! Looks so pretty. I use two same colored pouch and a pencil case from Calvin klein, that was on sale at TJM. Maybe I can find same colored wallet and Im all set:smile:

Count me in the minority, GFs! :biggrin:

I love to have my wallets match or coordinate with my handbags!

I minimize the problem of moving all my "stuff" from one wallet to another by having mostly D&B Continental Clutch Wallets (CCWs). I know exactly where everything goes and move it in seconds.

I use an organizer (Chameleon) so don't have other accessory type bags in my handbag. I do use a clear cosmetic case to carry supplies with me in my work totes.

Sue

I don't usually match. I use a purse organizer (red so it matches the inside of my Dooney's) so I don't get to use many if my pouches. That's the downside. Then my wallet usually coordinates with my bag in some way whether it's the trim or the body color. I find that the 3-4 wallets/ coin purses pretty much go with everything. My checkbook is black and it never changes.