wallet styles changing

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
For the last several yrs, it seems large wallets have dominated

now im noticing, shopping on line, more smaller, compact styles. large wallets are still EXTREMELY popular but im happy to see more variety of styles lately.

anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: Namwan-
Yes, I've also noticed. I got tired of pulling change from one section, and my dollars in another section. So, I recently purchased a Cate Accordian wallet from abas.net.

I carry many more cards than I used to; I always need a wallet with 10+ CC slots. Maybe that is a trend causing larger wallets? Though I do see large wallets with only 5-6 slots and wonder why make such a large wallet for that?

I carry many more cards than I used to; I always need a wallet with 10+ CC slots. Maybe that is a trend causing larger wallets? Though I do see large wallets with only 5-6 slots and wonder why make such a large wallet for that?

I don't understand why wallets/wristlets only have 5 to 6 CC slots. I, too, always need 10+ CC slots. Even though I don't actually carry 10 CCs, I have other cards that I carry, such as a health insurance card or various membership cards. I hate having to "double up" on the slots.

Anyone know of a wallet/wristlet that has 10+ CC slots?

I haven't really noticed a trend in the stores, but among my friends and family it seems like they prefer wallets now with a little less "structure." They are more apt to use a wristlet as a wallet, or a little card case (like a Coach mini skinny). I'm actually using a Vera Bradley Zip ID as a wallet right now (their version of a mini skinny) because I got sick of my huge wallet taking up space in my bag.

I have no idea how people can get by using a billfold or French accordion type wallet. Now granted, maybe I just sign up for way too many Rewards cards but by the time you put in a BI Card, Optimum Card, Sally's card, picture ID there's hardly any room for CCs or anything. Maybe I could just one of those ID card case things, but I have enough of a time trying to locate my wallet, without having to search for another Skinny/SLG.

Certainly, smaller wallets are usually cheaper, but I just couldn't do it.

I too have been looking for the perfect wallet. I don't understand why such beautiful wallets as Gucci and Prada have so little inside. It seems like you have to give up style for organization and functionality. I just ordered a wallet from leatherology.com. I will let you know how it goes.

i like large wallet especially the ones with zip around.
I can not live with out it!!
all my wallets are zip around except my Burberry french purse (i don't use it much, only when i am going away on a short holiday that i don't need to carry so much with me)

I love the compact way that small wallets look, but they're just not functional for me. I have tried carrying around a smaller wallet before, like one with just 3-5 slots but I have way too many cards (rewards, CCs, etc.) that I carry with me.

I have 2 wallets a LV Sarah Vernis and a LV Zippy Vernis coin purse. The Zippy coin purse has 7 cc slots I think. I use the large wallet most of the time but when I am going out for an evening or using a smaller purse I change to the smaller wallet. I think bags are getting smaller again and so there is more need for a smaller wallet.

I'm not sure it's a new trend, I've always had trouble finding wallets 'small' enough. I don't carry a lot of cards and most wallets look empty. I love my LV ZCP and don't need anything bigger. I see lots of women with such huge wallets I don't know how they can get anything else in their bags (including one that has dozens and dozens of old receipts stuffed in her wallet).

I go back and forth between a large wallet and wristlet/change purse. I downsize when I'm home for a few days and later take for-ever to get switch back, even though I enjoy the organization and card slots of my large wallets.

If you need an awesome rec for a large wallet w tons of cc slots, the Hayden Harnett large wallets are TDF. I have a "clutch wallet" style that's currently on their site and an older tri-fold/kisslock long wallet, both tdf, superb quality and leather! TONS of organization!