Wallet skins?

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Can anyone give me info on how both Lizard and Croc/Gator wear in the long run in a Bern? Pro's and con's would be really helpful......

I only have experience with Chevre.......
:heart:

S'mom,I just received an alligator bearn wallet for Valentine's day so I'm hoping that it lasts a long time (and has no problems such as what Ranag reported...). In any case, when I first was looking into an exotic for a wallet, was told that ostrich is the most durable, but that both lizard and croc/alligator should be also fine for many years as long as they don't get wet. The reason I decided against lizard for a bearn was that I was afraid of fading around the little strap that closes the wallet....don't know if this was irrational, but know that in older lizard bags, sometimes there is color change over time depending upon light exposure.

Last edited:
^^ do you have to do anything special to take care of your lizard/croc/gator small leather goods so they don't get scratched while bumping around in your purse?

I have a veau rodeo Vision and am so paranoid about it getting scratched that I carry it in a dustbag that was meant for a BV wallet (since H doesn't sell their agendas/wallets in dustbags). :shame:

S'mom, I just received an alligator bearn wallet for Valentine's day so I'm hoping that it lasts a long time (and has no problems such as what Ranag reported...). In any case, when I first was looking into an exotic for a wallet, was told that ostrich is the most durable, but that both lizard and croc/alligator should be also fine for many years as long as they don't get wet. The reason I decided against lizard for a bearn was that I was afraid of fading around the little strap that closes the wallet....don't know if this was irrational, but know that in older lizard bags, sometimes there is color change over time depending upon light exposure.

OOH!! Which gator is this?! Was this the one we were drooling over at Madison in January? :nuts: