Wallet Repair

crazycatlady76

Sofa King Banned
Sep 14, 2015
I have an older wallet and the glazing on the edges has worn through in a couple of areas (corners). Can this be fixed? Would I just take it into LV and they will quote the repair? Do they charge upfront or when the wallet comes back? I love this wallet but an scared to use it because I don't want to ruin it with the glazing missing. The canvas is in great condition with no cracking. Hubby said we may go into LV this weekend so I can get the lock I am missing for my Speedy and I thought that I may bring this in with me if we do go.
IMG_4058.JPGIMG_4059.JPG

Do you pay upfront or upon pick up? What if they can't reglaze? This wallet is 10 years old and in pretty great shape overall. I'd love to see it get a new chance at life.
You take your item to the store. They will inspect it and, if they accept the repair request, they will quote the repair price. You will get a receipt and they will send off the wallet. When the wallet returns (6-8 weeks), you will pay for the repair (as quoted on the receipt - although sometimes they wave the fee) and go home with your wallet!

If the canvas is in good condition, they will be able to repair it. I had my sarah wallet reglazed and restitched about a year ago. I used it daily for about 5 years. The glazing was starting to peel off. Because the glazing protects the edges of the canvas, the SA adviced me to have it repaired. If you keep using it like that, eventually the canvas will become damaged and then they won't be able to repair it.

I was happy with the repair. It wasn't cheap though, but it costed much less then a new wallet. I think it was about 25 euro for each stitch they repaired. It took about 6 weeks to repair it. I didn't have to pay in advance. I've been using the wallet daily again since the repair without any problem.