wallet opinions

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. just wondering, when it comes to an everyday wallet, if you think its a good idea to go designer/luxury or not? i need an everyday compact wallet and use something super cheap right now. i mainly buy chanel bags but wonder if a pricey wallet is really *that* much better and will hold up longer than something less expensive? maybe spend the money on lux bags and not wallets? opinions?

2. I would say if you only had the money for one, I'd get the bag first and the wallet next. Wallets aren't really "seen", really except by you. I love my one luxury wallet, but I have three luxury bags. So yeah that's where my priorities are haha. ;) Maybe just get one luxury wallet? Is there something in particular you're eyeing?

ccbaggirl89 likes this.
  3. An expensive wallet won't necessarily hold up better. Depends on what type of leather. I have a Prada wallet in deerskin. The soft deerskin doesn't hold up as well as saffiano leather. The Prada wallet shows more wear than my Michael Kors wallet but I wanted that Prada wallet because it was beautiful and it's still good, just not like-new. I don't know what you mean by super cheap. But the MK wallet I got I think at Off 5th for under $100.

ccbaggirl89 likes this.
  4. I only have one luxury wallet (LV) and, I have a few contemporary brand wallets (MK). Honestly, my LV hasn't held up any better or worse then the others. If you want a luxury wallet or have a particular one in mind to purchase, I would do so! Otherwise save the money for a different luxury purchase :smile:

ccbaggirl89 likes this.